ross k

really flat fealing corrado

hi guys i have a bit of a problem i got the corrado on the road for the first time and was really happy but it seems to have a problem as it seems really slugish right up till about 4000 rpm at which point it flys and i had to drive it hard to get it to go anywhere now i was told it had an injection problem but i thought id solved it by doing a few bits but it apears not at one point i had trouble keeping it running when slowing down any ideas guys the engine sounds healthy enough and ive just done a full service thanks ross its a 2.0 16v k plate

---------- Post added at 6:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:16 PM ----------

ow and the speed sensor is faulty assumingly because the mfa speedo doesnt work dont know if that makes any difference

Edited by ross k

just went out with my dad and its pretty undriveable it takes of like a stabbed rat at 4000 but before that it just stutters and messes around wont go at all any idea im thinking it could be the lambada sensor is their anyway to test this i was also going to try unplugging the cold start injector anyone got any idfeas

My old vr6 had a similar problem, dirty MAF sensor. Try unplugging the MAF and see if it feels better, if so MAF is dirty so give it a clean with electrical contact cleaner/brake cleaner/carb cleaner/nail polish remover or whatever you feel most comfortable using.

Yep - no MAF on a 16V. Sounds like something wrong with the fuelling side of things, but have you eliminated ignition problems, issues with timing etc?

just gonna go check the cam timing if its not that unplug the cold start injector if that does nothing check for vacum leaks if that fails just clean all the sensors if that does nothing start worrying left any other checks out ?

right guys i checked the timing by lining up the marks on the flywheel etc and it all seems pretty damn good and lined up also tried disconnecting cold start injector and spraying the electrical connectors with cleaner and its the same any ideas guys getting a bit worried now visually can see any vacum leaks but not sure how to test a guy i spoke to suggested on cam could have gone out of time with the other can this happen ?

update i spoke to a friend who suggested advancing the dizzy which i did and rejoice took it round the bloack all ran fine and flew anyway thought all was well so i went to get some petrol went about 2 miles and it started going all flat again same as before just as it started to warm up any ideas im thinking lambda sensor now thanks ross

problem solved after much investigation turned out one wire had come of the lambda sensor reconnected and she drives like a dream and was getting 30mpg all the way home