Billzeebub

BMC CDA Induction..Wow!..

Had a BMC CDA fitted this morning by SE Autoworks (Guildford). I have so far owned 6 Corrado and this is the first one I have changed the stock Air Filter. It now sounds epic under acceleration but cruising no discernable change. I am very impressed. The only downside is I have seen my MPG lower dramatically on the A3 drive home!..I expect to be visiting the local Shell garage a lot more frequently in future!

Also very impressed with the guys at SE Autoworks. Friendly, and seem very knowledgable. Always a good sign seeing a variety of diferent era performance VWs at a garage. Think I may have found my new regular garage of choice, helps that they are easy walking distance to Guildford Town Centre/Train Station.

Looking forward to the National Day now and hoping nothing mechanical springs up in the meantime!..

seriously beginning to consider one of these going by the rave reviews of induction noise alone.

Has anyone fitted one of these to a 24v? I'm trying to figure out my induction route now!

Doesn't the pipework on the 24V come out the other side of the throttle body near to the battery, not sure if a BMC CDA would fit or not?

Ian.

THis is a must for any N/A VR6. had one on mine before i went charged and the sound is awesome, best air filter by far imo :)

I have a K n N on mine and that sounds awesome , have to admit though me mate robs has a Bmc and does sound louder .

The only downside is I have seen my MPG lower dramatically on the A3 drive home!..I expect to be visiting the local Shell garage a lot more frequently in future!

Clearly you spent most of the trip at full throttle admiring the noise!

I had a BMC but the smaller one on my 24v. It wasnt that loud to be honest which was good, if you reloate the battery it will be better for air. I ran a small ducting hose alonside the battery to the filter to help.

Clearly you spent most of the trip at full throttle admiring the noise!

Yeah, I was mostly driving like that recently deceased Georgian loon!..gonna have to watch that..

Doesn't the pipework on the 24V come out the other side of the throttle body near to the battery, not sure if a BMC CDA would fit or not?

Ian.

Thats correct Ian. I tried fitting one to mine but wouldn't fit unless you move the battery

Aye I know the 24v air intake is on the opposite side to the 12v. I was going to get a 180 degree bend and route it down to the 12v side. It may not be the absolute best for airflow, but I would rather have slightly turbulent airflow that is cool instead of air that has passed through the radiator before being ingested by the engine.

Aye I know the 24v air intake is on the opposite side to the 12v. I was going to get a 180 degree bend and route it down to the 12v side. It may not be the absolute best for airflow, but I would rather have slightly turbulent airflow that is cool instead of air that has passed through the radiator before being ingested by the engine.

Kev bacon did something similar on his except he used the standard vr6 airbox looked good

It's even better with a decat.

The fact that I consistently average 27mpg but the car's capable of 36 should tell you something!

Kev bacon did something similar on his except he used the standard vr6 airbox looked good

I did indeed!

The R32 motor made 267hp with the Corrado air box and paper filter so it wasn't miles off. Might have made a bit more with a BMC on the other side but 10hp here and there won't really be felt to be honest.