coleman09

bringing a nugget back to life

hi all, found her in a lonely corner of a council estate in manchester, cold, flat tyres, unbelievably faded, robbed of her dignity and cd player and had some clueless kids trying to convert from a 1.8 to a 2.0. Anyways i offered 200 for her and took her home, after a good wash and machine buff her bodywork is surprisingly quite good, few scabs on bottom of drivers door slight spot on roof all surface though but other than that pretty clean. The intentions are to get her slammed, retrimmed interior in leather and yellow tartan cloth, some alloys that make the driver seem to have some self respect and get her running, camber shims and spacers etc will also follow. Would like to get her done for edition but trying to do her on a budget as spent quite a bit on my bus and she was an unexpected project so if anyone has any cheap coilys etc let me know.

1001630_414355065345459_1291084693_n_zps11f4c673.jpg

c_zpsb0ee87dd.jpg

1045004_414355038678795_1347684711_n_zps1eee27ab.jpg

c1_zpsec6af4f8.jpg

phillipe and dennis my bus ive just finished (still throwing money at her though)

1065037_206264016197870_1003564079_o_zpsdf2fb67a.jpg

quick one for any bus lovers from and too with my bus phillipe

942247_195417913949147_751149221_n_zps7b8dfa7d.jpg

ww_zps4febf70f.jpg

I saw this car on Gumtree but couldn't justify it at the time - I'm really glad it got rescued as it looked like it just needed some decent TLC!

Let us know how you get on with it.

Tom

yeah she requires bits and bobs, mainly wheels not so bothered about the fact she dosent run, wheels are more important haha

Did a bit on her today, traced signals right to the plug which goes in to the fuel pumps and the fuel pumps arnt kicking in, after some helpful advise off one of the lads on here i have tested both units and am getting nothing so i have just won an under body one (with swirl pot one) on ebay for 11 quid so happy days. Hopefully it will arrive soon and i can get her booted over. found a new in tank unit on ebay for £30 quid so shall be ordering one of them this week. Also had a good look underneath today and she looks very well under there apart from missing the center section of the exhaust, pikeys ehh..... main thing though is to get her running then i can get giddy with the new interior, cat back system, coilovers, wheels and maybe even an MOT ! haha

nice !only the best have a transporter and corrado haha. I need a garage like that :(

Shall be fitting coilovers tomorrow and fitted new fuel pump, now getting fuel all the way to the cylinders which is good however still not starting:( i think its a problem with either the timing or vacuum hoses somewhere as the closest she gets to starting is backfiring. as stupid as it sounds it may even be something as silly as the leads are in the wrong order of the distributor which would technically be causing the sparks to fire at the wrong time like bad timing. does anybody have a picture of which leads goes to which cylinder ? It just dosent seem right (not my stupid mistake, they are on how i bought it) getting a good powerful spark i just think its at the wrong time lol and also any pics of their vacuum hoses going to where so i can make sure shes all good on that side, she is a 16v 2.0 pressuming the same as a 1.8 16v cheers guys

1=3=4=2 remove no1 plug cam belt end wind the engine around until the timing marks line up stick a screw driver down the hole and see if its bdc or tdc!

if its tdc remove the dizzy cap the rotor should point to no1 (there should be a notch on the dizzy body lip) and that will give you no1 flick the key to check the rotor rotation then using dot to dot check the leads simples :) good luck 4 2moz

If this is right http://the-corrado.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=48481&d=1312923269 then so was my hinch and the sparkys were plugged in wrong however ive just blasted out the engine bay so will have to wait till tomorrow till i try

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

cheers pal i shall have a go tomorrow :)

sprayed the minging wheels that are on it to make it look nicer whilse im working on it, and slammed it on coilovers, miles better

c3_zps4a6d7d6d.jpg

c1_zps93c5bac9.jpg

c2_zps5a78abcf.jpg

c_zpsdd3c46a0.jpg

stuff your wheels have you got it running yet? (mine are white too)

:lol: