Jim Bowen

Relay 109

Think mine is having problems, car wouldn't start after a quick drive to a petrol station and then trying to restart it. Flicked the 109 relay and it started after that, has done this a few times, always a restart problem.

Been googling and people on T4 van forums mention an updated 109 relay that is grey instead of black.

Is this corrado applicable? Is VW the only place to buy it?

Think mine is having problems, car wouldn't start after a quick drive to a petrol station and then trying to restart it. Flicked the 109 relay and it started after that, has done this a few times, always a restart problem.

Been googling and people on T4 van forums mention an updated 109 relay that is grey instead of black.

Is this corrado applicable? Is VW the only place to buy it?

I've just got one off FleaBay - just over a tenner

with free P and P.

Nice one, cheers, for some reason i searched ebay and only 1 used one came up, must be my filter settings

Take the cap off the relay and resolder the dry joints = free :)

What is the symptoms of this relay going bad ? - as I have always had "warm start" problems with my Corrado - and haven't found the reason for it yet :(

I'm not sure, but everything i struggle to start the car, i seem to wobble it in the fusebox and next time the car will start.

Might just be a coincidence though. Also i notice when i stop at junctions sometimes the engine has a slight pulsing feel to it. Am wondering if this will help that as battery and alternator seem fine.