Sign in to follow this  
joebrent

BBS Centering rings

In the next fey days i will be putting on my lovely brand new bbs wheels, theres a sticker on the back of em that says only use them with the appropriate centering rings, myne didnt come with any (i got them for £250 brand new with toyos!), a guy at a tyre shop said its not too much of a problem if you put em on without them.

Anyone know if hes right and what the implications are with having them without centering rings?? cheers guys 8)

P.S Ill put up soem pics when ive got em on the car :D

you could die without them on!!!!

Sorry a bit dramatic, but its no far from the truth. The centre bore of the wheel should be correct of adjusted with centering rings otherwise the wheels will be free to move around under the wheel bolts. Resulting in wheel nuts lossening, wheels falling of................... So best make sure the centre bore of the wheel matches the outer diameter of the hub centre.

yep i would agree with that ......its not really the bolts that support the weight of the car its the hub in the center it must be a nice snug fit inside the wheel centre ring, the bolts are not designed to take that much sideways force

so i would seriously get the rings first or ssccrrrreeeeeeeeeechhhhhh baaaaannnnggg bye bye corrado :( and you wouldnt want that to happen really

i only say that because i have seen it happen to a mates fiat tipo 2L 16v very messy he ended up in hospital for a couple of weeks with a fractured pelvis, and bits of trim plastic in his arm, wheel bolts broke car span and another car hit him. not nice

Unless the bores are the correct diameter already? 57.5mm seems to ring a bell, i'm someone can either put me right or agree.

Just make sure they fit on nice and snug.

They are called spigot rings by the way. I had this on my Mk2 with a set of ATS Cups where the wheel came loose and almost fell off. There was a big debate on the clubgti forum about these and it came down to the fact that you should run the wheels with the correct rings.