Toad

Replace ABS light with LED timer circuit.

It's almost MOT time. My ABS is not working and I've no interest in spending money on replacing the pump, so I would like to change the ABS light for an LED timer circuit which gives the impression of the ABS light coming on and going out again so the MOT tester will pass the car.

Has anyone built such a circuit? Has anyone bought one? Any advice?

Cheers.

It's almost MOT time. My ABS is not working and I've no interest in spending money on replacing the pump, so I would like to change the ABS light for an LED timer circuit which gives the impression of the ABS light coming on and going out again so the MOT tester will pass the car.

Has anyone built such a circuit? Has anyone bought one? Any advice?

Cheers.

Thought about this when mine packed up. I know when (if) it works you can hear the system clunk and feel movement in the pedal. Would an Mot tester notice or care? I doubt it.

Something like an aftermarket interior light timer would probably work ok but would have to have a short delay.

In the end I tried another ABS ecu and it solved my problems.

Have you replaced the fluid recently?

My light was permanently on (the bulb burnt out), I replaced the fluid, removed the battery neg and wedged the pedal down for a few day (the car is sorn and so can't be driven). I removed all ABS circuit connections, checked for corrosion and reconnected them. Now the light is off for 9 starts out of 10. I read that the valves in the pump can become sticky and that fresh fluid can help free them off.

The car is still sorn, but it gives me hope for the future.

Mines just got a small piece of black insulation tape over the light. MOT man never mentioned it so it must have done the trick. It does look very factory though :lol: