delfinis38

VR6 standard front calipers

Was their a difference in the front calipers fitted on a VR6 through the years ???? I have lucas with 54mm pistons with vented discs 22mm thick

europarts are listing 2 different types up to year 1993 vented 22mm and 20mm solid disc...

my cars a 1995 model with vented discs..... I assume if I buy a caliper from a 1993 car it will fit a 1995 as long as its for a vented 22mm disc.

europarts didn't know when I asked.

Edited by delfinis38

Looking on Vagcat the 92 VR through to the 95 VR all show the same part number for the front calipers.

Do you want some standard calipers? I've got an old set, they'll need a refurb but I'm sure I can part with them for an appropriate price.

Do you want some standard calipers? I've got an old set, they'll need a refurb but I'm sure I can part with them for an appropriate price.

Thanks for the offer. However I have a set which I sheared the drivers side bleed nipple off today. I,ve manager to drill it out but not tapped it yet. I,m assuming when I put the tap in, the thread will be rather slack. I,ve looked into refurbing these or another set and finally decided to either invest in a new set from veedub or a remanufactured set from euro or vw spares.

Well that's fair enough. If you change your mind just let me know.

Cheers, going to make a few phone calls this morn before I finally decide.

Be aware its not a standard thread pitch when you come to re tap the caliper, you need a 10 X 1mm tap

Be aware its not a standard thread pitch when you come to re tap the caliper, you need a 10 X 1mm tap

thanks for the heads up.... I realised when I found it wasn't a standard pitch and I had no tap for it :) decided not to buy a tap and seal kit in the end and have order a set of refurbed pagid calipers from euro parts. which work out to be about £50 quid each after discount and the return of my old units. VW only have O/S to order now N/S is now obsolete.