Baz1 vr6

18 wheels

dont know if this is in the right place but woundering if any one is runing 18 on there corrado if so want the ride like and want tyres are u runing cheers

I'm thinking about putting 18" on too but abit unsure as to weather they would look too big on the C. Anyone got any pics???

Too big, make it look daft.

Thats what I'm thinking now I've looked at images on google. Think 17's are the max they should go just got to decide on what type of wheel now :bonk:

I found 17s way too crashy, on 18s you'd never get your front teeth unjammed from the dashboard...

Go for 195/45/16s, same diameter as OEM so the speedo reads correctly and they fill the arches nicely :)

Stone

I found 17s worked on my Corrado, providing the wheels were light and ContiSport tyres were used, otherwise yeah, crashy and shyte.

18s need elastic bands to get the rolling circumference right, so the ride quality is horrendous. Cars made to take 18s from the get go (such as R32s) get away with it and use 225/40s, so there's a decent amount of rubber around the rim, said the actress to the bishop.

Had 17" BBS on my last VR and it was a comfy ride although it did have standard suspension so that might of helped. Although I have had 17" on others too with coilovers and the ride was also good in them. I suppose it depends on tyres and the quality of the coilovers what kind of ride you get. Sometimes I think losing the car more give a better ride with coilovers as the spring becomes less compressed than if the car was only lowered a small amount (sorry for swaying off topic there)

I can only fit 4 wheels on my car, 18 would be a nightmare :)

Why are wheels measured in inches anyway? Did the British invent the wheel?

I love the fact that tyres are inches in diameter and mm in width, but on inches width rims. :scratch:

Oh dear, picking up a set of 17" RX228s on Saturday. The Damping has been set pretty Stiff on my Coilovers and its not a great ride on 15s, so this should be............interesting.

My mate just photshopped me a set of 17" RS6 audi wheels on to a pic of my car Looks the dogs dagglers but I cant get bthe pic on here :scratch:

Got myself a set of 4 17" TSW Hockenheim's picking them up next week. Should look good on the C, these were the wheels to have in the 90's