bendunstan

Adrian Flux, Thank you very much, i cant reccomend them enough.

So insured my 1992 G60 with Adrian flux after being quoted the usual stupid amounts by some other companies and i couldnt beleive my luck, £254. fully comp on a 5000mile a year classic policy with all known mods declared.

im 29, had my licence for 5 years, have an SP30 which earned me 3 points which i got at the start of 2010 and no no-claims bonus as i donated them to my wife to bring the family car insurance policy down.

Policy consists of

-Key cover for loss or theft and replacement of locking system;

-European breakdown cover for 90 days and full uk cover including home-start and fix at roadside or take me to a destination of my choice even if im abroad.

-Passengers are covered for injury and im also insured against uninsured drivers. they did waffle on about other bits this section included but cant remember what was said.

if i took the 3 extras off it would go down to £203.54

The closest rival i had was performance direct and they wanted a not to unreasonable £500 for a comparable policy.

Cant thank them enough, just had to fill out an immobilizer declaration, send a pic of odometer and copy of driving license.

Is that a classic policy, or a normal fully comp policy? If that's not a classic policy, then they're thieving swines (substitute a more appropriate word if you prefer) as far as I'm concerned, because I have 14 years no claims, I'm over 40, clean licence, only 3000 miles a year, no mods, and they STILL quoted £369 renewal. Suffice to say I'm no longer with them. Presumably you got some new business extra discount, I got the "he's been with us 4 years (probably more) so we'll apply the 50% mug premium". I hate insurance - it should just be government run, or government controlled - one price wherever you go.

Edit - should have read your post properly, you've clearly said it's a classic policy! In that case that's not too much of a surprise as ncb isn't relevant. However, I still don't understand how the risk is less on classic policy than a normal policy with limited mileage.

Edited by tonytiger

Age 33 . 15 years driving with no claims or convictions.

Classic policy.

Agreed 3500 value with all mods declared and a 5000 mile limit per annum.

133.51 through Adrian Flux.

If you find a good quote on a comparison site Adrian flux will match it if your an existing customer. Have got mine down to £240 a year now not bad in my books

If you find a good quote on a comparison site Adrian flux will match it if your an existing customer. Have got mine down to £240 a year now not bad in my books

Any restriction's on that Cap'n ? Mileage etc? Cheer's

Is that a classic policy, or a normal fully comp policy? If that's not a classic policy, then they're thieving swines (substitute a more appropriate word if you prefer) as far as I'm concerned, because I have 14 years no claims, I'm over 40, clean licence, only 3000 miles a year, no mods, and they STILL quoted £369 renewal. Suffice to say I'm no longer with them. Presumably you got some new business extra discount, I got the "he's been with us 4 years (probably more) so we'll apply the 50% mug premium". I hate insurance - it should just be government run, or government controlled - one price wherever you go.

yeah its a classic policy, the car will only be used at weekends every now and then as a treat for myself which is why i didnt mind the 5000 mile limit. I dont think i got a first time discount because i also enquired about the wifes car (a Citroen C4) and thought we could change to AF too and save a few quid. Were £250 more expensive than tesco who we are with and wouldnt match it for whatever reason. Im sure there is a big tombola in the middle of the call centres of insurance companies and the reason you have to queue on the phone so long is so they can go and randomly pic the quote your about to receive out of it.

I also think that if insurance was government run then some kind of tax would be introduced RE petrol, road tax etc etc and we would probably be wishing for the old insurance companies back.

As for price matching - I went through that last year with flux - and they requoted at £10 MORE than the best quote I gave them - they were very reluctant to actually match the price, though they did in the end. However, I suspect that's true of all insurance. And it's quite possible I'll end up back with them next year. :scratch:

Adrian flux have restrictions, but I found if the quote from another insurer has say 20000 miles per year flux will honour it as long as they are aware of it! I'm on 6000 a year and valued at 5k a little over what it's worth but its on my policy. I did find that last year they couldn't beat the quote but it worked out at 91p more expensive so for the sake of a few coppers and the hassle of jumping ship I stayed with them.

It's worth exaggerating the value and mileage on the comparison sites as you may get a real good deal and then flux will honour it. Not only that the next year you should get a better renewal and then just repeat the procedure should end up with a quality policy and low premiums.

It's worked for me so far and I have not lied about anything like mileage or where it's kept so its all above board, play th at there own game I say.

Been with them for many years with several cars but think this year will be the last. I seem to get quoted silly amount s £540 for a standard vr thinking will have to go elsewhere for the next quote.

The last renewal for the bordeaux one went from 600 to over a grand. The car hadn't changed and to be fair had done less than 10 miles went to brentacre for just over 500. So ots less to insure the heavily modified one than a standard one. Strange to me

Age 33 . 15 years driving with no claims or convictions.

Classic policy.

Agreed 3500 value with all mods declared and a 5000 mile limit per annum.

133.51 through Adrian Flux.

Just got mine through. I'm 10 years older , been driving since 1988 . No claims or convictions , I live in a good postcode area . Came in at £193 . They just make it up as they go along !

Dreading the end of this month when AF will also offer me to renew the insurance on my C. Roll the dice, roll the dice for a price.

LHD car, kerching!!! Doesn´t matter then that I am an old fart or drive sensibly or whatever. B*st*rds.

Agree that since the government want us to be insured, they might as well also manage it rather than the greedy private sector.

Mind you, the government would be totally inefficient and disorganised as usual ... so not an option either.

Tempest

Dreading the end of this month when AF will also offer me to renew the insurance on my C. Roll the dice, roll the dice for a price.

LHD car, kerching!!! Doesn´t matter then that I am an old fart or drive sensibly or whatever. B*st*rds.

Agree that since the government want us to be insured, they might as well also manage it rather than the greedy private sector.

Mind you, the government would be totally inefficient and disorganised as usual ... so not an option either.

Tempest

So true unfortunately ;)