Sign in to follow this  
CharlieHorse

Anti roll bar

The drop link on the passenger side of my anti roll bar has snapped. its messing with the rubber boot of the CV joint. anyone know how much they cost? are they easy to fit?, i've never done one before.

yes they are easy, and yes i have the price...and the part number..... I just have to find the reciept!!!

could be 2 mins...could be 2 days!!

will do my best!!

That was quicker than I though....

for each side....

1x Link 191411315A £26.71

2x Bearring (rubber bushes) 6N0411329 £1.07

2x Shim 861411331 £0.86

1x Nut N90635001 £0.82

These are VAG prices excluding VAT

hope this helps....

£26.71?? the same item was £9 for my cavalier...

VW to the rescue with exorbitant prices, as usual...

VW to the rescue with exorbitant prices, as usual...

Yeah that was actually one of my biggest jaw dropping moments in corrado ownership......beaten only by the tie rods and ends.

There is probably more that has made me weep, but as I have been into (old broken) VW's for a while I am starting to know whats coming.....

That may be the case but having owned a 2.0 GLi myself, I can honestly say it was the worst handling car I have EVER experienced. £9 for drop links....sounds cheap.... but what about £50 for a distributor cap? £80 for a battery? etc etc

Vauxhall parts are not as cheap as people make them out to be.

Yeah, kev, but given that I only had to replace about two vauxhall parts in 3 years, it works out VERY cheap compared to the VW where *everything* is overpriced, and LOTS needs doing... (Ask the G60 boys how much a distributor is from VW, meanwhile!)

I'm not going to argue about the handling though. And the engine was course and unrefined (but still strong after 145k). I wouldn't go back to Vauxhall, but you can't fault them on durability, economy, ergonomics and comfort.

I've owned 2 nova's, but only becasue they were cheap, not because they were actually any good......

no doubt there'd be plenty of cav owners out there uttelry horrified that my flywheel cost more than their car is worth.......each to their own I suppose.

They're OK as a hack but you can't compare a saggy old saloon's appetite for parts to a Sports coupe's. This Bimmer I'm using for the week is lovely. Quiet, smooth, rattle free, superb ride etc etc but it's just no Corrado. I miss the VR already. The Bimmer is a soggy old barge that needs 109 turns lock-to-lock, floats and wallows over bumps. Zero involvement or feel. So I think I'd rather pay out for the parts required to keep the Corrado going than invest it some stodge mobile instead.

no doubt there'd be plenty of cav owners out there uttelry horrified that my flywheel cost more than their car is worth.......each to their own I suppose.

LOL! :lol:

I can buy a Cavalier SRi for the same cost as doing my chains this week :lol:

You can buy a Corrado VR6 for the price of your timing chains job, kev. You just wouldn't want to...

The same goes for that bargain Cav SRi...

(I am glad I didn't buy a Calibra in the end tho, even though the C hasn't been "right" since a few months after I got it.)

I've been offered one...

Needed a few body panels...

Anyway, comparing *more* similar with it, the Calibra V6 isn't going to be found for less than a couple of grand either. And they're also going to be liabilities for that money. Even though there's tons of them about by comparison.

only 9 quid? miint, I'll buy 2 cavaliers with the money I'll save

Or two Golf mk2s?

Come on, compare like with like!

You're right, Cavaliers are no where near as good as MK2 Golfs :lol:

OK, £9 buys you two Cavaliers or two VW Santanas.... Same size and class.

Or a Cavalier to replace DrMat's Corrado VR6 with cause he rarely has a good thing to say about them?

:lol:

It's true! Come on Matt, you must have something good to say about C's! Surely?

He loves it really...... just doesn't want to admit it cause the expense of running it is clouding his judgement :lol:

Well I keep it don't I?!!

Just being realistic. Many people misinterpret my realism for negativity. That's simply not the case.. I *like* driving my VR6. Much more than I used to like driving my Cavalier.. But you can't deny I've been pretty stung with this VR, and by comparison my Cavalier that I ran into the ground cost almost nothing in terms of repairs, and even less in terms of hassle..

I do think that Vauxhalls have their merits. Excitement is not one of them, but cost-effectiveness IS. VWs have their merits, but as far as I'm concerned reliability and cost-effectiveness are definitely NOT in that list! It would help if VW didn't so blatantly gouge when it comes to replacement part pricing, and they *are* much worse than your Fords and Vauxhalls for that, no question.

"Corrado's are not the only fruit.." ;)

But my VR is staying with me for some time to come. In fact I'm beginning to think of it as a keeper. Once I have a house with a garage, keep the VR on as a toy and get something else for the day-to-day grind.

But it does get you down when you have to take it in for expensive repairs on average every two months, anyone would be the same. Most people would probably have bailed out long before now with this car.. :(

Now... just gotta get the front brake disks replaced, and do the steering rack and it's sorted..... for this month, anyway!!