Dave W

kr fuel accumulator

It's definitely a different part number, it might affect fuel pressure but I don't know for sure

Pl also uses the smaller diameter fuel pump so I'm assuming the kr is higher pressure as it uses the larger one

Edited by davidwort

I looked into this last year. The accumulator smooths out pressure pulsations and maintains pressure in the system on shutdown to allow instant starting. The conclusion I reached, based on info on the internet for the corrado and other cars was that basically any accumulator will work (some owners have removed it altogether and have no issues) though they vary in size and the pressure they maintain. If you search this forum you should find the discussions I had with members at that time.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79799

Edited by bmwcompact

Thanks for that. I have bought one from rs turbo. Read somewhere that someone ran one no problem. Cheaper than buying one that's to fit a vw. Not rusty either as in engine bay. Looks same, off K JET, so should be ok. Ones advertised for vw cost loads and look as rusty as one i'm replacing.