dan95x

312mm Brake Conversion

312mm Brake Conversion - Has almost everything you need to bolt straight onto your VR, apparently you just need banjo style brake lines, I had assumed that they were standard VR fare as mine had them, but apparently they aren't.

I am not kidding, this conversion has made my VR the best braking car I have ever had, without exception. If you stamp on them, they will rip your face off, absolutely brilliant.

Only small problem is that they need at least 16s to be run for the calipers to clear the wheels. Includes virtually brand new Brembo discs and Pagid pads that were fitted a couple of months ago, as I never intended to break the car they were on (discs and pads are 225bhp TT/S3 spec, so not a fortune to replace either when they wear). - Calipers, shims needed to position correctly, longer bolts, pads and discs all SOLDED - Sorry Folks

CIMG9524.jpg

CIMG9525.jpg

CIMG9526.jpg

If you wish they could alternatively be collected from either Walsall, West Mids, or from Cardiff.

Any questions just shout

Dan

Edited by dan95x

You also need banjo style break lines. So nearly everything included....

Ah apologies - As mine had banjo fitment lines I assumed they were standard - will edit title to suit!

The right lines are easy to get and pretty cheap for anyone wanting an upgrade. Under £200 all in :) Good price, mine cost nearly £300 on my old rado!

Will these fit under a set of 16's?

I had them under 16s, but 16s would definitely be the minimum, and I would imagine that some 16s would be tight. I had them under a set of 16inch Audi speedlines with plenty of clearance, but also under a set of 16" BBS RS771s which only just cleared them, so I ran them with 10mm spacers just to appease my own mind clearance wise

Dan

I have the LCR Brembo setup on mine which is a 305mm disc so slightly smaller but there is plenty of room behind the Comp TH'S which are 8x16". The braking power is awesome.

I have the LCR Brembo setup on mine which is a 305mm disc so slightly smaller but there is plenty of room behind the Comp TH'S which are 8x16". The braking power is awesome.

Cheers Clumpy - As you say, the ability to scrub speed off is frankly ridiculous having these on a Corrado. I had the same setup on my 240bhp A3, and I thought they were good on that, but put them on the lighter Corrado and the stopping power is immense. They are nicely progressive too, so you don't have to throw yourself through the windscreen every time you touch them, but if you really step on them they are great. I do a lot of motorway miles, and personally I think they probably got me out of trouble 2 or 3 times when people did something stupid in front of me!

Dan

According to the wiki some folk have needed the ABS system bled along with the regular brakes...did you have any such issues?

According to the wiki some folk have needed the ABS system bled along with the regular brakes...did you have any such issues?

I myself did not have any issues regarding ABS system as mine is non-ABS.

You could have abs bleeding issue on any car by changing brake lines. When you open any lines you risk air getting in the system and travelling around.

Ok next question guys, I have 4 x 100 wheels on my 1.8 16v corrado with 8.5 x 16's ET24 and 9.5 x 16's ET24 Corvette Salad Shooters, so will these fit or will I need to buy or change any other things?

Cheers

Ok next question guys, I have 4 x 100 wheels on my 1.8 16v corrado with 8.5 x 16's ET24 and 9.5 x 16's ET24 Corvette Salad Shooters, so will these fit or will I need to buy or change any other things?

Cheers

I will be honest - I have no idea! Someone else on here may be more knowledgable however! Certainly the Discs wont fit, as they are 5 stud, but I am afraid I don't know how similar the hubs are on the 4 stud rados to the VR, so I don't know whether the calipers would be a straight fit (with the shims) or not

Hey,

I'm running 16 Keskin KT1s,if anyone knows whether they will fit then great, but I have access to a laith so surely a bit of milling or spacers could be done if they are fractionally tight? However I'm keen to get them anyway, as really need bigger brakes as part of the re-build. I have upgraded brembo lines at the front, will these work or will I need to get new ones? If you'd take £120, ill have the money in your account in two hours mate, i'm in portishead by bristol?

Max,

If fitment is an issue, these are exactly the same brake calipers as the 288 setup and driving on the road, you are very unlikely to notice any difference between 312 and 288 in a car as relatively light as the Corrado. You can also get 288 brakes to fit without any carrier spacers being required to fix the 6mm offset problem. 312 Brakes are good if you do a lot of track days (but then why not get 305 brembos?) or want the appearance of bigger brakes.

That's fine then as I've tried the 288 callipers and they fitted no problem so happy days. In which case if you take the offer ill defiantly have them. Cheers