Talltorrac

Non working reversing lights

Hi guys and gals

After almost reversing over several VR owners at the recent Brooklands event, I was informed I had no reversing lights

Initially I thought it was just bulbs but now I have had the panel off I have discovered I only have one of the reversing lights with wiring attached (yet I have wiring for both fogs on the same circuit) and it is not the bulb.

There is no obvious loose connections at the light cluster point and bulbs are working when tested elsewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions with regards fault finding or decent auto electrician in staffordshire?

There is only one reverse light as standard. Test for voltage at the cluster as a first port of call, but it could be the reverse switch on top of the gearbox thats faulty. Not uncommon tbh.

Hello there,

is your Corrado a UK one ??

Most UK Corrado's only have the one rear fog light (O/S/R)

"(yet I have wiring for both fogs on the same circuit)"

Do both rear fogs work then, what I mean is do you have power to both the plug connectors ??

If you've not got a multimeter then just stick a bulb in your extra rear fog light,

just to test it.

It does sound as though the wiring has been played with ??

Wiring to the reverse lights should be,

BATTERY to FUSEBOX to REVERSE LIGHT SWITCH to BULBS

Hope this helps.

Si

The plug that goes into the gearbox broke on mine - cable ties worked until I recently changed the box.

My 94VR has both reverse lights illuminated from the factory (car registered in Guernsey originally). O/T I've also popped out the blank and put in a bulb in the blanked off fog light bit, so have both fogs illuminated too.

Thanks for the help guys

It might be an intermittent fault - saw the reflection in the other car on the driveway briefly. Think I lost track of which way round the wiring was applied to the two clusters (this is what comes of trying to see it through the rear view mirror rather than use a second person!!) so it might have been the fogs that were wired up as a pair.

Going to start at the gearbox as this seems to be a common fault - going to dig my pdf manual out I think. Unless someone has a pic to hand...........

Thanks for the help guys

It might be an intermittent fault - saw the reflection in the other car on the driveway briefly. Think I lost track of which way round the wiring was applied to the two clusters (this is what comes of trying to see it through the rear view mirror rather than use a second person!!) so it might have been the fogs that were wired up as a pair.

Going to start at the gearbox as this seems to be a common fault - going to dig my pdf manual out I think. Unless someone has a pic to hand...........

IMG_2009_zps8780fd76.jpg

IMG_2012_zps3f1e26c8.jpg

That's the plug bit on the gearbox. It's just a basic push to make contact switch operated by a small rod off the gearbox. My old one just popped off with a tiny bit of pressure - judicious use of cable ties sorted it until I changed the box over :)

Ok I need some help. My reverse lights ain't coming on.

The mirrors work and iv checked the fuses and the bulbs they are fine but still no reverse lights, I'm sure they were working not so long ago.

Ive had a look around the gearbox area but no wires seem to be loose. What is the actual part called that I need to replace if it's the plunger bit as mentioned above and is it simple to swap over?

Took it off for a look inside and no ball inside at all.

Bridged the connector and presto the lights work.

Will buy a new part on monday.