ross k

is it worth changing the coilovers

hi guys ive currently got jom coilovers fitted to the corrado and to be honest their pretty rubbish crashy and dont stay the same height ive been offered a set of fk highsport coilovers at a good price would i see much of an improvement over the joms anyone got any reviews thanks ross did a search but couldnt find a difinitive answer

I think JOMs are at the bottom end of the market, so the FKs should give you an improvement.

If you're not worried about kissing the weeds, you could go back to normal struts with lowering springs? Fit and forget!

Unfortunately with Coilovers, you do tend to get what you pay for.

not really worried about kissing the weeds the joms are rubbish they came on the car would rather stick to coilovers as my cars a daily i ocasionally have to put it up when i carry alot of luggage etc thanks for the advice

How many members would say lowering springs are better than coil overs. Does the ride and steering improve that much,do you have to consider springs or coils if fitting 16 & 17 aftermarket wheels

Thats what you need to think about. 30mm lowering springs may look great with certain size wheels, but may look terrible with others. Coilovers are the safest bet, and you can pick up a decent used set for around £150 if cost is an issue. I've got FK Konigsports, and they're ok but thats about it. They have adjustable damping but it needs to be set before fitting which obviously doesn't lend itself to whole "adjustment" based on your preference. I think these are the next up from the Highsports iirc.