stevec14

Corrado G60 Dash clocks replacing bulbs with leds?

Hi All

Has any one done this mod to they're Corrado G60 dash clocks? Looking to replace some bulbs in my clocks(poorly lit up) And found some led type on ebay. Has anyone purchased these and are they a direct fit? And what colour is best suited to the dash clocks for standard+ look white or green?

Thanks

Steve

Easy to replace , just bought some ebay specials myself when I did it, went for green as I like everything to look as it should just a little better

And it does

I stuck with green, its a brighter stronger green but the white LED is the wrong colour temperature.

Works best on the clock and mileage display screen as those are very poorly lit, the 3 x lights the illuminate the fuel/temp, speed and rpm gauges don't benefit as much.

I noticed a big difference in mine. Ill dig up a pic

I stuck with green, its a brighter stronger green but the white LED is the wrong colour temperature.

Works best on the clock and mileage display screen as those are very poorly lit, the 3 x lights the illuminate the fuel/temp, speed and rpm gauges don't benefit as much.

Also did mine in blue - best to use 3x SMDs for each portion of the clocks, so 9 SMDs in total required.

Edited by fla

Here's some pictures with white leds 10 for £4.79 ebay.

P1020425.jpg

P1020422.jpg

And yes that was my actual MPG on a run home tonight on the MFA. Don't know if it's accurate haven't calculated it out yet. But car is running a lot better since Thermostat changed.

I notice that some cars have red needles on the clocks & some white, my 92 G60 has white & after replacing the temp/fuel gauge temporarily with a red needle one, while faulting the temp gauge, it is noticeable that the white needles show up much better at night. also the oem bulbs for lighting the clocks stand about half inch up from the base & are often replaced incorrectly with squat ones which dont line up properly with the green cellophane giving a very dim light.

Hope this helps