Alty

G60 Gearbox Problems :(

I'm not an expert please remember this! So my 4 gear is very uncooperative and sometimes my gearbox will hang me out to dry in neutral!

Anyway i'm after a simple reason to the advantages and disadvantage if any to fitting a Mk3 gearbox, I know there are multipul choices. I.e CTN box have more acceleration less top speed Compared to a ASD box or just that they are a stronger gearbox.

Thanks in advance Scott

I don't think a mk3 box is any stronger per-se, but various parts have been refined the later the box, such as improved materials on synchros, shift towers etc. Fitting a S/H box will always be a risk, if you're changing boxes you might as well get a rebuild done on whatever you decide to put back in.

I have read this not post by post but most of, I'm not interested in changing cogs etc or any in theory calculations just want a reasonably cheap straight forward swap. The more I read the more I see people have the CTN Box so this will properly be the way to go. Just to confirm this is out of the mk3 1.9 golf ?

Thanks Scott

Edit: I also currently have a mechanical speedo will this be a pain for my clocks putting a mk3 gearbox in ?

Edited by Alty