Madjackal

Lupo Wiper Mod, disappointed!!

I did this mod today, fully screwed down the wipers and they make contact perfectly when static, but the passenger side wiper barely touches the windscreen during operation. Any ideas on how to adjust this??

Part numbers were taken directly from the wiki how to, to the chap at the dealers.

Mine were the same

I had to bend the arm slightly and faf with it (I think I had to carefully twist the top of the arm after removing the wiper blade) but eventually I got it to sweep and sit perfectlty

Mine were the same

I had to bend the arm slightly and faf with it (I think I had to carefully twist the top of the arm after removing the wiper blade) but eventually I got it to sweep and sit perfectlty

Ah ok, I'll have a bash, cheers

strange, mine work perfectly- best wipers on any Corrado I've owned/driven.

What sort of wipers are you using? I've had mixed results with the floppy aero type

I do have the floppy aero type ones. There does seem to be a bit of play in the mount but not much and only if I move it forcefully. It is likely i could have bent the mounting taking the old one off?

My understanding is that there are 2 stops where the spring attaches to the pivot end of the arm. They are in the aluminium casting. These need to be filed down. Takes 5 mins or so. File them carefully and there will be no evidence of filing when the arm/blade is placed against the screen. Might take a couple of tries to get the right amount filed off the casting, but this is more to do with not being sure how much to file off and that there will be car to car variation. You'll find this fix in various threads, it's how I dealt with mine

D