Jamie

Jamie's Flash Red VR6 - Woken From Hibernation

Hey, great looking motor, just bought one myself after many years of wanting one but not committing!! Don't know if you've been to Worthersee before but I went about 10 years ago and loved the whole week, such a great time, and as previously said take loads of pics, I still glance back over mine for ideas and inspiration!! Can't believe I haven't seen your car about either, as only live in Ash, near Aldershot!!

Hey, great looking motor, just bought one myself after many years of wanting one but not committing!! Don't know if you've been to Worthersee before but I went about 10 years ago and loved the whole week, such a great time, and as previously said take loads of pics, I still glance back over mine for ideas and inspiration!! Can't believe I haven't seen your car about either, as only live in Ash, near Aldershot!!

Yeah I first decided I wanted one in 1992, finally got round to it twenty years later! Nope never been before but again - been wanting to go for years and years and finally got round to it now I'm too old to do it :lol:

You probably won't have seen my car out and about much, it every rarely leaves the garage although hopefully that will all be changing as from this year

See you around then :)

Got back last night - was absolutely awesome. 2344 miles, 6 countries (nearly 7) and the car performed brilliantly there and back with only one minor problem when the throttle cable came away from the pedal assembly. Clipped it back on and carried on. Got 34mpg on the way there and 36 on the way back. Would probably have been better but I couldn't help myself nailing it through the tunnels (which sounded AMAZING) and having to stop every 50-60 miles to refill my mates MKIIs coolant.

Only downside is the car is burning oil now :( Done about a litre and a half and is putting out a bit of blue smoke if I nail it then let off. So it looks like either a rebuild or transplant is on the cards...

Can't wait til next year :lol:

31639A98-5E51-433D-BF1A-52E30B2E2647.jpg

33CEA090-3C69-4EFA-8143-D5F4436A3069_1.jpg

C542BC5C-C6FC-4C1B-B58D-324A95886E0F.jpg

EF85EDEC-53B2-4711-9F85-AFD1732C9884.jpg

9A53DCC7-CB66-47AC-92E6-0C495ABB6F0A.jpg

67667E33-9730-4300-AEAF-00B8FF7435E2.jpg

My personal Car Of The Week

0863F2C2-6CDE-4457-9C28-32516EBEAA58.jpg

EBDDFBCA-84C5-4EB6-9563-F6A907A7729A.jpg

Thanks Supercharged. I'm not normally a photo sort of person but took loads over there. Every time you think you've seen the best car you will ever see, something else comes along that blows it away! I'll stick some more up in the Worthersee thread in a bit.

Yeah after doing a bit more reading I'm starting to think stem seals Sean. They're still a bit of a mission to do though aren't they? I really did have a fantastic time and I can't recommend going enough :)

lovely lovely glad you enjoyed it, i do however have one geek question......

how did you keep it so clean, 6 countries? how many washes? :-)

lovely lovely glad you enjoyed it, i do however have one geek question......

how did you keep it so clean, 6 countries? how many washes? :-)

That's a good question as I am a little of a clean freak too

You still need to take the head off for stem seals but it's the perfect opportunity for you to send it off to Stealth or somebody of that ilk for a head rebuild with maybe bigger valves? Could be a blessing to have new chains and headwork, even if it is a bit pricey!

i just see me doing it next year and treating my car like a school kid with a brand new pair of shiny white trainers

walk walk....damn...spit and rub...walk walk...damn

Haha only actually washed it once and used Optimum No Rinse. Funny thing was when I was just running round with it covered in road grime, no one gave it a second glance. As soon as I gave it a quick wash people were stopping me to take pictures. Funny what shiny paint does for you :lol:

Yeah might have to do that Sean. Was thinking about a set of 268s so could maybe get it all done at the same time. Annoying thing is the chains and tensioners were replaced 20k ago...

Well after chatting to a few garages, due to the amount of miles I do the top end rebuild has been placed on hold for now. Met up with Chris (Vag Hag) a couple of weeks ago and picked up the Konigs and leather rear bench off him.

9C207F07-F889-49A4-8830-2B3FB46EAE5A.jpg

08AB34A0-10EF-4774-A7F8-AD12D1D174A7.jpg

So, now on the lookout for a set of leather doorcards (any colour) if anyone has any for sale :)

I had the chance for a drive in a relatively well known mk3 with Konig seats in them (R32 OEM versions) and have to admit they were amazingly supportive. The only thing with the aftermarket version is the graphics for the Konig branding looks a bit clumsy - if they were mine, I'd consider retrimming the top panel of the back support to get rid of it...... Just a thought mind.

M.

I had the chance for a drive in a relatively well known mk3 with Konig seats in them (R32 OEM versions) and have to admit they were amazingly supportive. The only thing with the aftermarket version is the graphics for the Konig branding looks a bit clumsy - if they were mine, I'd consider retrimming the top panel of the back support to get rid of it...... Just a thought mind.

M.

Very good point Mark it does make the seat's look a little cheap/silly but like you said the overall holding in comfort of these seats is top notch which I will backup as mine were totally comfortable.

Never even noticed that Mark and normally it's the sort of thing that would start bugging me but they look so great in the car it doesn't bother me at all. They're only a temporary measure anyway so not really any point getting panels re-trimmed...

Never even noticed that Mark and normally it's the sort of thing that would start bugging me but they look so great in the car it doesn't bother me at all. They're only a temporary measure anyway so not really any point getting panels re-trimmed...

When I seen Vag's at national day I never even noticed the writing it's a small price to pay for such comfy seats they are perfect for a Corrado

or dye the stitching the same as the leather, cost pennies compared to a re-trim......although it wouldn't bother me either

seats look good

Small update - sold my TT setup to Will I Dub so needed some replacement discs. Heard plenty of good things about MTec discs so went for a set of their drilled and grooved. Haven't driven on them yet bet they do seem very good quality. Also fitted the new RH centres my daughters bought me for Christmas.

E14D8C3B-F9C1-4803-8157-2EC5AB7D35BA.jpg

AF0E1765-A064-4C95-BBBD-0A8411547348.jpg

Hmm! There is a bit of food for thought for the future! They looked like 312s. I wonder if they will fit under my wheels, not that wheels would stop me....