MoonlightVR6

Fuel pumps

it's in the bottom of the fuel tank, need to remove the lid in the floor, unscrew the cap ring and twist to remove the pump, there are two types on the VR6 depending on year, late ones share the 2.0 8v engine pump and a mk3 GTI/VR6 pump will also work providing you bend the float arm a little

If you buy the replacement pump , be aware that early senders do not fit . If your car is 93 onwards you will be fine .

Sorry to jump in on this thread but I have what I think is a fuel starvation problem on my late G60 that looks to be fuel pump / filter related. I noticed yesterday when gunning it in 5th gear a sudden lack of power a couple of times so I backed off & it ran ok home. Later I took her out on a short journey round town & I noticed the fuel pump was making a strange noise when I got back. If I have to replace the pump & filter I need to know which pump & is it still available from dealers. My car is a late J reg G60 & has the larger 15 gallon tank fitted with the single in-tank pump.

Is the pump the same as used in the VR6 & other later models & is it still available can anybody tell me please.

cheers Mick