Diamond Hell

15" or 16" wheels?

Many thanks for that. I really do like the look on 17s i have to say, but thats valuable input so i think I'll be shifting over to 16s. Looking at OZ Superturizmos...

2 hours ago, fla said:

Many thanks for that. I really do like the look on 17s i have to say, but thats valuable input so i think I'll be shifting over to 16s. Looking at OZ Superturizmos...

i think wheel weight will add another factor

AFAIK the speedlines are a fairly light wheel, IIRC around 7 to 8kg without tyres

therefore putting a big heavy wheel on will not only cause crashy ride issues but also have an effect on the steering & feedback

i believe Superturismo's are a lightweight wheel

I think you need to view everything above the road and below the cars shell as a package to suit the use intended.

A track spec set up will soon become a bind on B roads?

A 30mm drop, gas dampers, rubber bushes and 17s with soft sidewall tyres will be a different beast from a 60mm+ drop on coilovers, poly bushed with a road legal track tyre on 17s will have you reaching for the dailys keys for a cross country drive?

I went from 15s to 16s and didn't notice any difference in terms of comfort or handling on the standard suspension. I did improve the tyres at the same time though, Kumho - Uniroyal Rainsports, which may have kept the balance. Definitely worth taking the tyres into account at the same time. 

Interestingly I weighed the overall package and from memory there was no real difference to the 15 speedlines, may even have been marginally lighter. The 16s are MAMs so not a particularly high end wheel, but came to under 8.5kg. Tyres were still on the Speedlines so couldn't weight them without for a direct wheel to wheel comparison unfortunately, but as the MAM wheels were not significantly heavier the smaller tyre keeps the overall weight down. 

1 hour ago, oneohtwo said:

I went from 15s to 16s and didn't notice any difference in terms of comfort or handling on the standard suspension. I did improve the tyres at the same time though, Kumho - Uniroyal Rainsports, which may have kept the balance. Definitely worth taking the tyres into account at the same time. 

Interestingly I weighed the overall package and from memory there was no real difference to the 15 speedlines, may even have been marginally lighter. The 16s are MAMs so not a particularly high end wheel, but came to under 8.5kg. Tyres were still on the Speedlines so couldn't weight them without for a direct wheel to wheel comparison unfortunately, but as the MAM wheels were not significantly heavier the smaller tyre keeps the overall weight down. 

There a thread here with wheel weights listed by owners, I think a Speedline is around 6.5kg?