Diamond Hell

15" or 16" wheels?

Which wheels?

15s with 50 profile tyres?

1535538_10153656848105354_1667863629_n.jpg

16s with 45 profile tyres? They need media blasting and repainting.

1483315_10153656847870354_310649627_n.jpg

Both sets needs new tyres.

Just looked at the costs of tyres - 195/50 R15 vs 195/45 R16

Uniroyal Rainsport3 in both sizes - £36 for the 15s and £56 for the 16s! :shock:

15's are more common, used on fiestas etc, so generally cheaper, I like the ride on 15's better on the Corrado but bigger wheels do generally look better.

16s are a good compromise, 17s are a Horrible ride and do not do the handling any favours but do look good with the right ride height, 15s just look puny on a corrado imo but the corrado seems to handle really well on them

16s are a good compromise, 17s are a Horrible ride and do not do the handling any favours but do look good with the right ride height, 15s just look puny on a corrado imo but the corrado seems to handle really well on them

hmm just picked my first corrado up and its sat on 17's with coil overs, looks great but as above the ride is proper harsh!. may look at 16's instead.

16's with a 45 tyre is spot on for the corrado ,but them 16's with that ride height doesn't look right, agree with harrier, the 15's look a lot better out of your two options.

If it's staying at that height, I'd say 15"s, but not those 15"s - I'd go OEM and pick up a set of sebrings or estorils.

If it's going lower, the 16"s'll be spot on. (ours is on 40mm APEX springs/bilstein shocks and Seat sheriff star 16"s with 195 45 16, but it's HARD... Handling's lovely though!)

16s, and drop it slightly. 195/45/16s give you the correct speedo reading (ever so slightly under), and less understeer than you get with wider tyres. Mine came with 215/40/17s and it was horrid!

Stone

Tyre wise I have 8x16" comp's on mine with 205x45x16 you could also use 205x40x16 depend's how you want the car to ride etc

V1s are nice I run v3's on our works m3 but my mate works at demon tweeks and only paid £300. I never buy shocks unless adjustable damping on them.Like to harden them up on motorway runs, just my pref.

Edited by shaft69

im tempted to try some 16" x 50 series for a little more comfort (must be an old git) but it would then be oversize and throw the speedo out a bit though i think they would also fill the arches better

Edited by wbx6dan

Slightly different to the title, but what are comfort experiences of 16s vs 17s? Is it significant? I know there's an improvement, just interested in sort of quantifying it if possible?

When i had speedies it was way more comfortable even on harsh PI springs, and did handle better, but imho looked severely underwheeled. So 15s are not really under consideration..

I’ve never had 15’s on mine, so I’ve no idea what stock feels like. When I bought it it had 17’s, and they were very crashy and harsh in my opinion, and the 16” Speedlines i run now feel fine. I did also have some 16” Azev C’s in between which also felt decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi have 7x16s on the car with 205 45 16 tyres - similar diameter for speedo compared to 205 50 15.

The 15s are more comfortable by a noticeable amount. The 16s are not uncomfortable though and fine for daily duties.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That helps, thanks. Perhaps we could say 17s to 16s is not as significant in comfort as 16s to 15s?

Hasan

Edited by fla

3 hours ago, fla said:

That helps, thanks. Perhaps we could say 17s to 16s is not as significant in comfort as 16s to 15s?

Hasan

Hasan

in all my years on here one main thing i have gathered is that 17's are not good on corrados, 16 is the biggest to not get any handling issue