stuarttaylor37

VagCom,Ross Tech etc

Hi

I'm after reccommendations as to which equipment/software to go for for fault finding on my Corrado. The full Ross Tech kit is £230-ish but I reckon I'll be paying for a lot of functions that I will probably never use. Interested to hear what other people have found?

Cheers

Stu

Have a loom in the vagcom thread and see if anyone local to you can do you a scan.

I've just bought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181288570216?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

A lot of ebay cables have limited functions and only use vcds lite, I messages the seller and he assured me his cable uses the full version of vcds and can basically do anything a main dealer can, comes with a 12 month warrantee and he seems to have very good feed back. I'll let you know how I get on.

Rog.

Thanks Rog for the reply

I want to get my own so I can do it myself. That link looks ideal and I'd be glad of any updates when you get yours

Cheers

Stu

I have a full cable and an ebay cable with a cracked version of vag-com 3.11, the ebay is quite restricted in standard form without the crack.

We have other VWs aswell so I need the real cable for them.

If you get a real cable you will have regular updates and if you stick with VAG you can keep on using it for a lot more. Its also handy for all your mates VAG cars aswell as engine faults on fords and other makes.

TBh I'm only likely to use it on my Corrados, am I right in assuming the OBD capability on these cars is quite limited? As i said I want to be able to use the OBD facility on the Corrado fully but dont see the point of paying for a load of functions that I will not use. Or is this unlikely and I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy the £230 version?

Bite the bullet, the guy that develops this deserves the income, it comes highly recommended by many and it will always have a good resale value if you move on.

I'd definitely go for the full (and legal) version of VCDS. Apart from just the fault codes, you'll almost certainly need to use the measuring blocks function and basic settings functions. It can also log the values while the car is running. Don't think the free version with a cheap cable will give you all of that.