VR6 Gar

Pot hole made the C cut out.

Went over a man hole earlier that was lower than the rest of the road causing a fair old bang. The car promptly cut out.

Tried dipping the clutch and bringing it back up but the car wouldn't start so stopped. Revs were reading 0 when in gear.

Had a quick look under the bonnet and everything looked ok so tried the key and it fired straight away and has continued to work fine.:scratch:

Any ideas what may have cause this?

This happened again but this time it was whilst coasting down a long hill.

Turned it off on the key and back on and it started fine. Revshad dropped to 0 again.

Thinking crank sensor or fuel pump relay.

Anyone guess which one? Or maybe something else?

Loose wire or connection?

Mine did this a few years ago and one if the fuse box connections was loose and needed pushing in properly.

Had a wiggle of the wires earlier whilst it was running and nothing happened.

Don't hear the pump priming when turning the key so wonder if that is the issue. Need to have a read through of James' build thread as I can't remember what he did with regards to the pumps.

I would have thought fuel pump relay might not be seated in place properly ?. I could be wrong but it sounds more likely to be that than the fuel pump .

Regards Rob

Yeah it doesn't seem like a pump issue as it would no doubt have problems starting again after it stalled, not just fire straight up and be fine.

Car is running an 044 pump, swirl pot in the boot and am guessing a normal in tank pump to fill the pot.

All relays were pushed in ok.

Took the case off the pump relay and was in very good condition, no moisture or corrosion.

Just need to drive it few more times to see if it happens again. Went out and gave it a few WOT pulls to and from Tesco and all was fine, 9 miles each way.

Mine started to do this, just randomly cut out whilst driving, didnt seem to be any reason or similarities each time though, then one day, cut out and now wont start at all, RAC called to tow me home and they couldnt start her either..now looking at the fuse box, relays and fuel pump to try and work out whats up with her.. changed the relay with a known working one so dont think its that, next up is checking all electrics are connected properly I think before going in to look at the fuel pump, having help from a mate on here (20vtvw) who knows a lot more than me lol

will let you know what we (he) finds

Change both ecu and fuel pump relay. Makes no sense but they show as fully serviceable when you wiggle/play with them. On third ones now!

Could be ignition barrel and or switch as well as the relay starting to give up. Try wriggling the key in the barrel when the engines running and see if it cuts out