joby

spare a thought for michael schumacher

lets all share a thought for poor old michael schumacher, lets all hope he makes a speedy recovery..

It is terrible news really, regardless of how you feel about old Schumi - as I know he certainly divides opinion. Can only hope he goes on to make a full recovery, either quickly, or more gradually ala Richard Hammond. Sounds like he got good quality medical care, very quickly and obviously he's in excellent physical shape - so hopefully the deck is stacked in his favour.

Years of F1 driving and that happens doing recreational sport, makes you realise how safe F1 is now, and how we underestimate the dangers of things like cycling, skiing, horse tiding etc.

Always had respect for schuey, here's hoping he does make a great recovery.

I, like many in days gone by, have often aimed less than complimentary commentary over some of the "silver Baron's" on track moments. But whatever is said of these isolated incidents, the fact stands that Michael Schumacher is one of the worlds Motorsport legends, and he has my respect. The thought of loosing him to a skiing accident is totally wrong. We all wish him a return to full health.