'Rado_TDI

oil temp sensor and MFA

Hi,

Can somebody please tell me which oil temp sensor I need for the MFA? I've had a look about and I'm not sure which one I should have.

Also, can anybody please tell me what temperature range the sensor/display reads from?

Mine is currently missing the sensor, but I'd like to use the temp reading to check something else :)

Thanks,

Al

dog can i just clarify, oil temp should read three dashes unless over 50 degrees? and whats the average oil temp, i only ever get the three dashes

thought it needed replacing to be honest but maybe not

Average this time of year around 92 - 102. Does the rest of the live data work? Ie: oil on mfa setting 2, mpg, distance travelled etc.....

Oil temp first displays at 50 as mentioned above. Should take 5 minutes or so to get there.

Edited by seanl82

yeah get all the mpg, distance travelled, average speed? only just noticed the oil one today, haven't had it that long and unsure if its worked at all, but not sure whether it was on setting 1 or 2 either way it hadn't changed after around 30mins of driving just three dashes with an oil can next to it

i'll have to go for a blast at the weekend and see, was just after clarification of what i should be seeing

once again jim great valuable info, sure enough went out to check cleaned all the crap off, pulled the wires and the spade connector for the sender remained on!

stripped and soldered a spade connection later......all working

and sean thanks as well......was in-between 90 - 98 so spot on also!