P3rks

SOLD - VR6 Re-manufactured Cylinder Head

VR6 Re-Manufactured cylinder head.

This is a genuine VR6 head which has been jet steamed, chemical bathed then vapour blasted. Visually inspected then pressure and tolerance tested. Skimmed / machined head faces. New valves with machined valve seats, new stems, stem seals, springs and collets. Camshaft bores are checked and re-machined if required. All threaded holes have been checked and if required; repaired. Lifter bores have been checked and where needed, machined to tolerance. Then it was re-cleaned to remove any foreign material from the process and then finally sprayed a nice OE silver/grey. Comes with brand new stud's.

This will be as close to brand new as you'll get.

It is will come with a timing cover suitable for a dizzy VR6 but you can always swap over to your current coilpack timing cover if you should require it. it makes no difference to the head itself.

Apologies for the rubbish iPhone photo's, I can get some nicer ones if you require. Also, please note that the head is covered in a protective oil which may look dirty/marked in some pictures.

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5946.jpg

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

Located in Sheffield for collection. Delivery won't be a problem as I have a nice protected box for it. Please contact me with your address so I can get a postage quote.

£300 ovno.

I'll also swap for some Corrado / VR6 related goodies..

Long story short these retail at £445 + vat, plus delivery. They had a special offer at £245 +vat, plus delivery with two heads remaining. The salesman was unsure in the head difference so instead of buying one, only to realise I bought the incorrect head; then find out the other had sold - I just bought both. As it turns out one was early, one was late with a port on the front for a secondary air injection (that's the head I'm keeping). I'm not making a penny on this sale. :o

If it doesn't sell this week I'll be putting it on eBay with the interest of making a little money on it. I thought I'd offer it on here for cost first.

Edited by P3rks
SOLD

Really good price given the worked undertaken.

Best of luck with the sale.

Looks the biz.

From the Vege sale by any chance?

Very interested and will probably take if delivery isn't crippling and it fits. But first... do you know what actual difference does the port for the secondary air injection make (1994 coilpack here)?

From the Vege sale by any chance?

Very interested and will probably take if delivery isn't crippling and it fits. But first... do you know what actual difference does the port for the secondary air injection make (1994 coilpack here)?

It's a Vege head, it's not from the clearance sale, they all sold out before Xmas. But it was a sale head, well he did me a deal either way. One was shipped over from Holland and the other Belgium I believe.

The SAI is a American / late Ford Galaxy / VW Sharan part. I believe it's an emissions thing and it injects fresh air into the exhaust gasses to reduce un-burnt fuel and carbons. No UK Corrado came with it. I've been told it doesn't affect performance or anything, it's purely for emissions. Effectivly it's a hole in the front of the head under the inlet. I need to block it up with a plug anyway otherwise I'll have exhaust gases escaping from the front of the engine.

As for postage, I think £15 fully insured should be achievable?

£315 delivered? Sounds bargaintastic so I shall have to have it :). While the chains have been done on mine, they didn't do the valve stem seals so I'll grab this and then get it swapped over at some point when funds allow. It might even trigger a bottom end rebuild as well :)

I'll drop you a pm.

The SAI is a American / late Ford Galaxy / VW Sharan part. I believe it's an emissions thing and it injects fresh air into the exhaust gasses to reduce un-burnt fuel and carbons. No UK Corrado came with it. I've been told it doesn't affect performance or anything, it's purely for emissions. Effectivly it's a hole in the front of the head under the inlet. I need to block it up with a plug anyway otherwise I'll have exhaust gases escaping from the front of the engine.

Was chatting with Stealth Racing about this as apparently the R32 got this. Just pulls in additional fresh outside air, and puts it straight back out the exhaust, thus 'diluting' the emissions with fresh air and making it seem to be more environmentally friendly. I'm slightly confused how they got away with it to be honest.

Was chatting with Stealth Racing about this as apparently the R32 got this. Just pulls in additional fresh outside air, and puts it straight back out the exhaust, thus 'diluting' the emissions with fresh air and making it seem to be more environmentally friendly. I'm slightly confused how they got away with it to be honest.

Most modern engines have sai (secondary air injection), the oxygen in the air causes the cat to heat up quicker and do its job more efficiently quicker. The fans on 1.8Ts only run for around 90 seconds on start up and after a few years they leak at the point where the 2 halves are riveted together sounding like an exhaust manifold leak that suddenly goes away when the hairdryer like fan turns off.

Most modern engines have sai (secondary air injection), the oxygen in the air causes the cat to heat up quicker and do its job more efficiently quicker. The fans on 1.8Ts only run for around 90 seconds on start up and after a few years they leak at the point where the 2 halves are riveted together sounding like an exhaust manifold leak that suddenly goes away when the hairdryer like fan turns off.

Ok Jim Bowen, you're 2nd in line. I'm waiting for Portent to reply to a PM.

Regarding the SAI; what route does it take in the head? As in how does the fresh air get to the exhaust gases? Looking at the head I'm keeping there is a port on the front under the inlet which draws the fresh air in, and it also goes to a small port on the underside - how do the gases get to the exhaust from there?

i know this is sold but it saves me starting up a new thread for one question as you seem knowledgeable. i have a 92 vr6 dizzy engine, i thought the head were different between dizzy and coilpack but from what i just read from yourself it seemed like you was saying the head is the same and just the timing cover different correct? im after a head to port and polish and this would make things easier in finding a head if that is correct how i have understood it.

Hello,

All UK 12v VR6 heads from Golf MK3's and Corrado's are interchangeable.

The late heads, OBD2 onwards have an extra oil channel for the cam sprockets and chains, but that doesn't effect the fitting.

The very late heads for the VW Sharan, Ford Galaxy and US models (possibly on the continent too) have an extra port on the front for a SAI; which can simply be blocked off.

But as far as casting and part numbers go they are the same.

As you say, dizzy to Coilpack is just the timing cover.

For the record I've done loads of research, plus the head from my car is a 1993 Coilpack, I have a used head from a 1997 Golf, a brand new head from a 92/93 dizzy model and a brand new head from a very late 98 model with a SAI port; I can confirm they are basically the same other than the changes mentioned. I've even had a UKAS vernier caliper on them all to confirm.

Hope that helps.

P.s. http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=84824

Edited by P3rks

is there anything you have to do/fit because obd2 has an extra oil channel?

cheers and ill have a look at the thread. one last thing did you source the new valves, stems, seals and so on yourself just wondering where you used if so

Nope, like I say, straight swap.

I bought the head all done so I've not touched it.

Wouldn't know where to start for what and where to buy. I bet others can help?

is there anything you have to do/fit because obd2 has an extra oil channel?

cheers and ill have a look at the thread. one last thing did you source the new valves, stems, seals and so on yourself just wondering where you used if so

Does the corrado has different cams to other vr6's?

Thought I'd heard that.

Yep, the Corrado (2.9) has different cams, the rest of the head is the same, valves, springs, tappets etc etc.

Thinking of selling the other head here. Not got around to fitting it yet and contemplating another direction with the car... Anyone interested?

Yes. Do you have some more information please on what's been done to it, price, etc. Thanks :)