harry_1

volkswagan corrado vr6 storm buying guide

Hi there people am in search of a Volkswagen corrado vr6 storm this is going to be a new venture for me as I have never owned a corrado before and just wanted some advise on what sort of stuff I need to be aware of? also recently did some research on corrado vr6 storm and it seems that they are very hard to get hold of or one that is in good condition, recently found one on ebay item number 181304542641 just wanted to know what sort of price should I be paying for it if I was going to buy it? please could someone give me some advice.

thankyou

Welcome to the forum mate.

Check this link out for a buyers guide

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/the_corrado_buying_guide_checklist.html

Also I would suggest broadening your search as the only difference between a storm and a normal VR6 are mainly the badges! some will say 2mph quicker in reverse too!

You can get some pretty decent standard VR6's which will be better than some storms out there. Best of luck with your search and dont be scared to ask questions

to be honest I really do want a storm as they was fully loaded with leather seats limited ect plus I really like the mystic blue colour don't why but look really nice don't really like the green mainly because of cream leathers, but what sort of price should I be paying for one? cheers

Depends on mileage, condition, spec etc etc

Basically it will be worth what your willing to spend

I was looking on ebay and ive seen this item number 181304542641 just wondered what sort of price is it worth cheers

Welcome to the forum mate.

Check this link out for a buyers guide

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/the_corrado_buying_guide_checklist.html

Also I would suggest broadening your search as the only difference between a storm and a normal VR6 are mainly the badges! some will say 2mph quicker in reverse too!

You can get some pretty decent standard VR6's which will be better than some storms out there. Best of luck with your search and dont be scared to ask questions

Why don't you have a look at Swompy's 24v corrado?. You could certainly do a lot worse! Its a good price too.

Otherwise, the classifieds here are a good start.

Poor condition, 1-2k, fair condition 2-3k, good 3-4k, excellent 4k+. Obviously there are exceptions at all levels. You could pick a very good original example up from eBay for less than 2k, equally though you get some dreamers wanting 4-5k for less than average examples. If there are any VR6's locally to you go and have a look. Storms don't fetch much more than a standard VR so should give you a rough indication of what you'll be looking for. Generally enthusiasts take care of them so your better off buying from here, but it's not always cut and dried so have a really good look. Print off the buyers guide to take with you when looking over, don't rush. They don't "fly off the shelf" so chances are if you go away and think about it, it'll still be for sale a day or two later. Any questions just ask, very helpful bunch onhere!:thumbleft:

Looking at that one on ebay, I reckon its had a hard life, loads of rust (not sure I'd call it 'average' condition though), drivers seat looks worn. Dont think its worth much more then the current price.

Certainly think there are more then 15 storms remaining too.

don't get too over sold on the idea of a storm. I grant you they are limited edition but they only have a few extra beadges / a different shade of blue / coloured front grill / and a different set of rims.

solitude rims are actually more common than speedlines that were on standard vr's due to the fact they were fitted to golf's. you can still buy a new set of solitudes from VW but speedlines are obsolete.

buy the best car you can afford for the pennies you have. lots of rust buckets our there !

Certainly think there are more then 15 storms remaining too.

agree that may be the number with tax discs at present.... lots are SORN for winter :)

to be honest I have spoke to the chap over the phone very nice guy and he forwarded me extra pictures over and it seems that the leathers and inside platics are in good condition but hey am no expert but needed some advice as I am intrested in buying corrado vr6 gets me away froms the japs lol

Where about are you? Is it close enough to have a look first? Like others have said, it's not worth much more than current price, but it's your money and your decision at the end of the day. If you have it within your budget to rectify the visible rust, I'd do it sooner rather than later. Be aware there may well be hidden rust though if it's at the point of having a fair amount visible.

thanks for the advice chaps will try to see what sort of deal I can do or get one in good condition am not really to fussed with body work but mainly mechanically as I need a project cheers

The 15 storms listed on howmanyleft are exceptions as most of the 500 storms were not registered as storms on the V5, which is where the data is taken from. The majority of those storms left are included along with standard VRs figures which does include both taxed and sorned cars.

That car looks a lot of work to get right with the rust. For the right price it would be worth it but considering it would be cheaper to buy a better condition one than to buy that and get the bodywork done properly I would suggest looking for another. As mentioned buy on condition not because it has a couple of badges and leather.

hi harry_1 i brought my beautiful girl (1995 storm in mystic blue) last april for £3,840, with a spare full set of alloys and tyres thrown in. may seem expensive, but i was very lucky and she had had a complete respray about 12 mths before, and she was /is in fantastic condition, inside and out and under the bonnet ( but only time will tell as she has her MOT in 2 weeks, which i have to say is more nerve wracking than going to the dentist lol)she is standard and will remain so, planning new shiny bits and pieces for her under the bonnet etc, but leaving her looking and feeling as fab as she does now! my b/f has a 95 blackberry vr6 and tbh there isnt alot of difference when driving both are fab to sit in, drive in,( yes im very lucky that he lets me drive his treasured possession ) but i suppose its all down to personal taste and what you want, whatever you choose, you will enjoy :dance:

that seems reasonable price if its as mint as you describe. I paid around the same price for mine and mine had quite a few stone chips scattered along the front I like to call it oem+ looks totally standard from outside except brakes and I just spent around £2k on a full respray too get rid of stupid stone chips lol