ChrisL

Clutch slave cylinder pipe

I have a pipe that runs from the clutch slave cylinder to a black 'thing' on the bulkhead. The pipe that comes from the cylinder has a spiral in it then goes to a flexi bit then back to rigid pipe to the bulkhead bit.

My question is, is this pipe available or can it be split apart so the rigid parts can be re-made?

Hello there,

I'm sure there was a thread about this back along,

the pipe and hose I think you can still purchase from VW main dealers for about £65.00

Possibly the steel pipe will unbolt out from the flexi hose,

looks like it does according to the diagram in the link below,

but then I've never taken mine off as of yet.

The master cylinder is bolted and fits through the bulkhead,

and the slave cyliner is bolted through the bell housing of the gearbox,

the metal pipe complete with flexi hose fits between the master and slaver cylinders.

In the attached link below there should be a diagram of the full hydraulics,

in the pedal box and of the master and slave cylinders.

The master cylinders I think there are two types,

one is of the early type or LHD type,

which has the bolt eye on the end of it's push rod plus has the bleed nipple,

Where as the later type I think has the white plastic push on clip,

that fits to the end of the push rod and clips then into the back of the clutch pedal,

some of these do and don't have the bleed nipple.

I think that's right :scratch:

Part number 357-721-465A is item 30 (this is steel pipe from slave cylinder complete with flexi hose)

This pipe has the flexi hose attached to it plus has the spiral in the pipe.

Part number 536-721-477A is item (31) (this is steel pipe from master cylinder and bolts into the flexi hose)

This pipe runs along the bulkhead behind the heat sheld.

Here's a link to all the part numbers complete with diagram

http://autopartmaster.com/en/?action=catalog_show&cat=vw&t_id=111915&added_=VOLKSWAGEN%20Scirocco/Corrado%201992

Hope this helps

Si

I recently replaced this hose on mine. From the slave cylinder to the black thing is all one piece and is indeed 65 quid or so from tps. The black thing is actually a rubber grommet that slides in between what metal forks on the chassis rail below the coolant bottle and this is how the flexible part secures to the rigid pipe that runs from the master servo. The solid line screws into the flexible hose with a brake line type coupling. It all makes sense when you look at it.

I recently replaced this hose on mine. From the slave cylinder to the black thing is all one piece and is indeed 65 quid or so from tps. The black thing is actually a rubber grommet that slides in between what metal forks on the chassis rail below the coolant bottle and this is how the flexible part secures to the rigid pipe that runs from the master servo. The solid line screws into the flexible hose with a brake line type coupling. It all makes sense when you look at it.

Thanks for the help, but the diagram shows it going straight into the master cylinder but mine doesnt.

dont suppose you have the part number do you Sean?

Just looking at mine now Chris, mine runs under the abs pump, behind the downpipe bulkhead heatshield and straight into a bulkhead mounted cylinder for the pedal I assume. Is that what you have?

Just looking at mine now Chris, mine runs under the abs pump, behind the downpipe bulkhead heatshield and straight into a bulkhead mounted cylinder for the pedal I assume. Is that what you have?

Thats the one Sean, been in touch with TPS and part number 357721465A as on the link above is for 1992 and earlier models, for 1993 onwards its 536721471D and this is not available anymore.