J.C

heater controls, backlight kit,

It's a shame really as I have one of his kits fitted and the difference is amazing (Being able to see the heater controls at night!!)

Ian.

As above, the difference is amazing.

Rob, I'll order up some red el sheet and have a go at making you something, I've got my old one as a template so it should be possible.

Rog.

As above, the difference is amazing.

Rob, I'll order up some red el sheet and have a go at making you something, I've got my old one as a template so it should be possible.

Rog.

Thanks Rog . You really are a star ! .

For anyone who fancies a bit more of a challenge - I have recently fitted mk4 golf heater controls and heater box/cables to my Corrado.. It's a very good fit, but requires some modifications to the glove box and the panel below it. Benefits are a well illuminated heater panel, with controls that feel robust and easy to turn. Also the recirc function works which is a bonus. The fan itself is also much more powerful and replacement parts are easy to come by...

If anyone wants more info, just pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

For anyone who fancies a bit more of a challenge - I have recently fitted mk4 golf heater controls and heater box/cables to my Corrado.. It's a very good fit, but requires some modifications to the glove box and the panel below it. Benefits are a well illuminated heater panel, with controls that feel robust and easy to turn. Also the recirc function works which is a bonus. The fan itself is also much more powerful and replacement parts are easy to come by...

If anyone wants more info, just pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Sounds like an interesting mod, is it reversible? Also any chance of some pics.

Rog.

I'll get some pics later today.

It's reversible with the exception of two extra holes in the bulkhead and the modifications which need to be done to the lower dash panel and glove box (they need to be made smaller as the mk4 box is a bit bulkier). Well worth it though for the controls which don't feel as if they're going to break each time they are used.

The dash lower panel has been made smaller as you can see in the pic, I just need to finish it by recovering it with felt trim.

Did you fit all the aircon gubbins as well? Ive been planning for forever to install climatronic into my car using the installed aircon as a foundation but this seems an interesting alternative. The diavia air handling unit is larger than standard too so thati wont have any shelf cutting to do at least!

No I removed the air con from my car not long after I bought it as it didn't work. It too had a Diavia air con system, but I still needed to trim the glove box and lower panel further for the mk4 stuff to fit correctly.

I initially had intended to fit climatronic as I'm currently breaking a mk4 which has it fitted, but then I realised that all I really wanted was a more reliable fan and controls and I'm really not fussed about air con.

I may still install the Climatronic at a later date, and it will be easier to do as the Corrado is already adapted for the mk4 style heater box now, but for now I'm impressed at how well the setup is working at present with the newer system.

Guest petercabrio

I bought some of this from eBay, really simple to trim and install.

632320e1d3ed8d476e2ce71dd9eabbfc.jpg