Alex P

3sdm 0.05

Hi People,

Looking at getting some 16" 3SDM 0.05 alloys (8J fronts 9J rears) for my 94 Corrado VR6. Just wondering if anyone knows if they will fit on OK? as I dont want to buy them to find out that they dont actually fit on properly :bonk:

Thanks,

Alex

I've just had a look at the spec. on these wheels. The 8 inch version comes with a standard et of 10 and the 9 inch version comes with a standard et of 20. Running these figure through an et calculator and comparing them to standard Speedlines show the following results.

The eight inch wheel will have an extra 14mm of clearance at the rear but the face will sit 52mm further out.

The nine inch wheel will have 9mm less clearance at the rear but the face will sit 55mm further out.

Without major arch work I'd say you have no mission.

Use the calculator at the link below to compare the wheels.

Standard Speedlines are 6.5 inches wide and have an et of 43.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Edited by leon263

Ok cheers for that buddy! Think I may go for a bit of a safer option, maybe some D90's or something along those lines :thumbleft:

I've just had a look at the spec. on these wheels. The 8 inch version comes with a standard et of 10 and the 9 inch version comes with a standard et of 20. Running these figure through an et calculator and comparing them to standard Speedlines show the following results.

The eight inch wheel will have an extra 14mm of clearance at the rear but the face will sit 52mm further out.

The nine inch wheel will have 9mm less clearance at the rear but the face will sit 55mm further out.

Without major arch work I'd say you have no mission.

Use the calculator at the link below to compare the wheels.

Standard Speedlines are 6.5 inches wide and have an et of 43.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Ok cheers for that buddy! Think I may go for a bit of a safer option, maybe some D90's or something along those lines :thumbleft:

"according to this calculator" dude fu ck the calculator! buy them, make them fit. dont just do whats easy! they would look sick! do it!

"according to this calculator" dude fu ck the calculator! buy them, make them fit. dont just do whats easy! they would look sick! do it!

Haha! Quality

Lmao you put up a convincing argument! They would look top quality I know thats why I had them in mind

I was looking at them, sure they'll fit fine. Nice that a new wheel company are making 16's

I looked at these as there's a red rado on their site with them on and they look sweet but I decided on rh zw1s to make sure they clear my 312s. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained ;)

I looked at these as there's a red rado on their site with them on and they look sweet but I decided on rh zw1s to make sure they clear my 312s. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained ;)

Good choice - they're the greatest wheels seen on any car EVER! :lol:

Ooh yeah gotta admit the RH ZW1's are nice, I also like the RH Topline splits but theyre a bit out of my price range unfortunately :shrug: Ive ordered the 3SDM's now though so will upload some pics when they are fitted :thumbleft:

So I got the wheels today (went for 8j all round in the end) but the rear grease caps are popping out the centre caps :shrug: Bit of DIY needed i think!

Love these wheels, can't wait to see what they look like.

Just waiting for my bumpers to be returned from the spray shop and I'm gonna have a busy weekend, Coilovers, Leather Interior, Wheels, HID Kit giving the ole motor a bit of a makeover :dance:

So I finally got the coilovers and wheels on over the bank holiday weekend! Heres a few pics let me know what you think :)

utf-8BWk9FXzAwMDMuanBn_zpse3032580.jpg

utf-8BWk9FXzAwMDIuanBn_zps236802a4.jpg

utf-8BWk9FXzAwMDUuanBn_zps4f1fb2d9.jpg

utf-8BWk9FXzAwMDQuanBn_zpsc03f681f.jpg

Looking good! Are you going to roll/pull the rear arches at all? Nice bug in the background to.

looks good. you might need to use shims help the rears fit. the concave looks good too, the et must be low

Thanks people :) Im thinking about rolling the arches at some point in the future but as Kempy says for now I think ill get some shims on the rear to tuck in the top a little bit. Anthracite would look cool I have to admit but im going to keep them silver for a little while :cool: Also I think the ET is either 10 or 20 its not much, the fitment is pretty much spot on with the arches.

I've got 16x9" in every corner. Fenders rolled and slighty pulled, but the paint obviously cracked and the rear arches went horribly wrong, but that will be fixed soon. Here's some pics. udu7u5a8.jpge6aryju6.jpg6yqu7uqe.jpg

Both car look Sick!!! well done chaps!!!

Rosten your C sits PHAT! love it! Need to go 9j on the front too.

Alex P you need to ditch the 90mm splitter and get yourself a 40mm so you can get some more lows!

Nice!! That looks top quality think I'm definitely going to have to look at getting my arches rolled & pulled because that little bit of tuck makes so much difference! Tried to compromise by cambering the front and rear but it destroyed my handling and I couldn't take the eating of nice brand new tyres any more :brickwall:

Also I agree with you there Taylor I think I'll have to go for a 40mm splitter to get me that bit closer to the ground + mines already worn away now from speed bumps :thumbleft:

OH No!! just seen this

I just bought a set of these in 8j to stick on my Nugget! I had a set on my Mk4 and reckoned that the rado would look great with them on , now it appears I am too late to the party! I now however cant wait to get them fitted because that looks sweet! (i wish they did the black or grey in 4x100, but after my missues has kerbed the crap out of them i will get them re done in gunmetal