sexybourbon

rear beam parts list ?

As above once the front end is done ill be moving to the rear and sorting the beam and bushes

Does anyone have any advice on weather to keep the rear steer standard bushes or go with the powerflex items to stiffen it up and get rid of the rear steer

What else is needed other than bushes!! Bolts ? Clips sheilds anything like that so u can order it all up ready for the change around

Gonna be a freshly powder coated beam going in with bushes already pressed in

Cheers

There's been many discussions about the bushes. General consensus seems to be that original is best. They're are what I will be using when I get around to it.

The bentley manual shows the beam in exploded diagram. I know of a link which I'm not sure I should post in public if you want a pdf of it..

Cheers i will have a big read but i was more after the bits needed for the changover , i wouldnt mind a pdf if i knew of said pdf maybe someone could tell me , iv still not got round to ordering a full manual so dont have parts lists and thay kind of thing

danyhu5u.jpg

I replaced the stub axles,bias valve and all the bolts when I did mine,didn't bother with brake shields,as they don't fit my rear 280's

Damn it dragon now I want 280 rears lol , any pointers ? As soon as the beam is done all the brake hard lines will be replaced so could do this then if it's a simple job , at for the pic aswell I'll take some numbers and get some stuff ordered

you'll likely find the brake bias regulator bolts cannot be undone to swap over and have to renew it and connecting pipes also.

whilst the rear beams off and its in the air its a handy time to disconnect the tank and have a look at fuel pipes etc and particularly how behind the filler neck looks.

Mat, I'm not sure off the top of my head, but pretty sure it'll be a million times easier replacing most of the rear hard pipes with the beam off. I can tell you tomorrow as i will be....replacing my rear axle bushes! haha! Great minds.

My car still looks like a shed tho :(

If your replacing bushes AND brake pipes. Drop the whole beam off. If you don't have the tools to fit the bushes, save yourself the pain and ask a local garage to fit them, most charge an hours labour for it.

This is what I did, but I also wire brushed and painted the beam before doing the lines. Pressing your own bushes in is not fun at all!

Cheers aide ill keep that in mind for replacement and as i say all the hard lines are going to be replaced aswell soon anyway for mot so the should either be already done or ill have the cash waiting for replacement

Let me know how you get on jamie , have you bought all new clips and fastnera bolts etc , any thing imparticular you have bought especially for the job ?

Good look with it mate and stop putting it down its a well sorted car at least when your done it wont look pretty but be falling apart underneath , good look

Sean it wil be a fresh beam going on with all the bushes already pressed in by my mech , so ill be dropping the whole beam and replacing it with all fresh items

I'm only doing the bushes, so hopefully just dropping the front of the beam, cutting/melting/grinding out the old bushes nd have bought a Sealey tool to pull the new ones in. That's the plan. Will I get it done in a day?! fingers crossed!

The sealey tool does work but access is poor. The flexible brake lines limit just how far you can drop the beam. Not impossible though :-)