Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy98

Shrek Manifold ! Throttle body gas flow! LPG Corrado VR6

Hello to all you Corrado Luvin Peeps :lol:

This is my first post and have only just found this Website after owning my car for some 5 years now......Fook me ridged have I been missing out :cry:

Right any information would be appreciated, Ive just got a shrek manifold off ebay and its minus the electronic control unit so if any of you folks have in their possesion or know where to aquire one from I would be bloody grateful as i cant wait to get the little blighter fitted.

Im gonna take it into stealth and get it re-mapped with the piggy back chip and before i do that I would really like to get the throttlebody gas-flowed anyone got experience of this and where I could post it too so as to get this done before the Re-chip ?

Mods so far Koni Coils, Eibach Anti's, Shrick 268's, Vibra Tech engine mounts and wishbone bushes, G-Force 2000 discs and Pads, Miltek De-cat exhuast with K&N panel filter, Oh and last but not least She's cooking on 26p a Ltr LPG :)

Well apart form the obvious one its a a 3rd of the price on juice really pretty damn good.

Its an S.G.I. (sequential Gas Injection) System fitted on mine so that means Im gonna have to tap my 2nd hand shrek to accomadate the gas injectors (still only cost me 500 squid) The performance is down by about 5% overall but when i want a Boost I flick back too petrol and it feels like ive just given it a dose of Nos.

All in all its pretty fekin good as long as you dont mind loosing your boot space as ive got a 70 ltr gas bottle in there now :roll: But an exta 1200 squid in my wallet evey 15,000 miles that I knock up!

The control unit and the other bits you need might cost a bit unless you know someone who is handy with electronics but otherwise a good buy indeed!

What effect does the gas have on performance?

Sorry boss i think youve got your wires crossed the 3rd was for fuel costs.

Thanks for the post about TB's, ive just sent an e-mail to Alpina527 on Ebay to see if he still does the exchange unit for a 100 quid.

I do know some Aircraft Electricians who work in the Bay next door to me but where would i get the wiring diagram from ?

So you were the git who outbid me?! :(

Only joking, congrats mate & welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

Robbo

So you were the git who outbid me?! :(

Only joking, congrats mate & welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

Robbo

Yes one in the same 100% total git to be precise :lol:

thanks for the welcome, ive just got off the phone with Alpina527 and he's sold me a gas-flowed TB for 125 quid to the door. yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww, anyone got a ball park figure what sort of figures ill be lookin at with all these mods and a rechip ??

Mods so far Koni Coils, Eibach Anti's, Shrick 268's, Vibra Tech engine mounts and wishbone bushes, G-Force 2000 discs and Pads, Miltek De-cat exhuast with K&N panel filter, Oh and last but not least She's cooking on 26p a Ltr LPG

Hmmm - outbid me too, but I had to be away from my computer at auction finish time otherwise you'da been sniped :twisted: :snipersmile:

(And I'd used all my auctionsniper credits up too :-( )

This is my first post and have only just found this Website after owning my car for some 5 years now......Fook me ridged have I been missing out :cry:

Right any information would be appreciated, Ive just got a shrek manifold off ebay and its minus the electronic control unit so if any of you folks have in their possesion or know where to aquire one from I would be bloody grateful as i cant wait to get the little blighter fitted.

Im gonna take it into stealth and get it re-mapped with the piggy back chip and before i do that I would really like to get the throttlebody gas-flowed anyone got experience of this and where I could post it too so as to get this done before the Re-chip ?

Mods so far Koni Coils, Eibach Anti's, Shrick 268's, Vibra Tech engine mounts and wishbone bushes, G-Force 2000 discs and Pads, Miltek De-cat exhuast with K&N panel filter, Oh and last but not least She's cooking on 26p a Ltr LPG :)

Where can you get LPG for 26 p.p.l ?

they must be just covering the costs and nomore,its nearer 40p most places

With LPG you usually loose about 10% of power,instead of fitting the cylinder type tanks remember you can fit 'doughnut' tanks in the spare wheel well and carry a tin of tyreweld its not perfect but you do retain the bootspace.

any chance of a photo of the filler orrifice with the cover on ?

Also its worth considering runing the car on petrol every so often as I have seen lpg burn the valves out and some of these were hardened valve seats.

cheers

chubbz

Where can you get LPG for 26 p.p.l ?

they must be just covering the costs and nomore,its nearer 40p most places

With LPG you usually loose about 10% of power,instead of fitting the cylinder type tanks remember you can fit 'doughnut' tanks in the spare wheel well and carry a tin of tyreweld its not perfect but you do retain the bootspace.

any chance of a photo of the filler orrifice with the cover on ?

Also its worth considering runing the car on petrol every so often as I have seen lpg burn the valves out and some of these were hardened valve seats.

cheers

chubbz

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone but if you buy domestic gas in the calor bottles invert them and put through a delivery pump @ about 100 psi whilst filtering out the egg smelling chemical.....HEY PRESTO 26p a Ltr but keep it under your hat :ignore:

The terezoidal tank is not bad idea, however as you know the corrado has a space saver so there aint too much room for a doughnut. So without having to fill up every 100 miles a cylinder is the way forward my friend.

The SGI system I have is the latest system so about 5% loss is the downside.

The tyre foam is a good idea and ive only had to use it once in the 4 years ive been running on LPG.

I'm already running with tyre foam instead of a spare, and my local garage (to work at least! ;) ) has LPG on tap... I'm SERIOUSLY interested in this conversion... any more details? It may save me running 2 cars! 8)

Hi Henny, heres the link for Autogas Worldwide who are based in Newport. These guys are like the Central Hub for all othere garages selling and fitting Romano LPG Systems in the UK. The coversion will cost you the best part of 2 grand but if your doing some serious mileage then it wont belong before your back in credit.

Fire away if youve got anymore Questions!!

http://www.autogasworldwide.com/

well, I'm on that first email address right now (been on it all week actually) and I haven't had anything off you?!?! haven't checked my home account since sunday.

If you've got a hotmail account it probably won't come through. and if you've mentioned ebay at all it definitely won't.

Sounds like it's really worth it for the high mileage people here!

til Gordon Brown starts upping the fuel tax on it .....in the next cpl of years IIRC :roll:

There shouldnt be any need to filter out the egg smelling chemical,its called ethyl mercaptan its probably the most pungent stuff in the world and they only put a few drops of it into a 18 ton barrel of the stuff.

The reason you dont need to filter it is because all LPG sold in Britain anyway has this substance in it,well apart from aerosol propellant and well the barrels are not interchangeable because of the stenching agent,fancy spraying Lynx under yer arm and getting that stench under there with the Lynx..not attactive at all :wink:

http://lpguk.bp.com/propaneinfosheet.shtml

the only other thing wrong tipping cylinders upside down is all the crap comes out so ensure that filter is kept clean as well!

100 psi is normal operating pressure for lpg,maybe as low as 35-30 if its really cold.

The other thing that worries me is using LPG cylinders inverted creates problems because the cylinder is only designed for vapour offtake and not liquid offtake,

if the valve malfunctions and I have seen it; the Liquid because the cylinder is inverted will leak out of the hydrostatic valve / p.r.v at the top of the cylinder it usually has a plastic cover on it.

maybe using gravity to fill the vehicle tank would be better but some sort of cradle would be required to hold the cylinder higher for gravity reasons.

You can get liquid offtake cylinders that make the whole setup far safer,they are designed for use on forklifts or quadbikes and have the safety issue covered.

What are you paying for a 47KG ? and just a thought you wouldnt get 47kg of gas into a 70 litre gas tank even if its Empty,

so maybe your using a 19kg

any chance of sending me a pic of car filler orrifice and gas pump as would be cheaper to run for sure.

it would also be cheaper for cars that dont have a cat as well :-P like mine :D

chubbz

Sounds like it's really worth it for the high mileage people here!

til Gordon Brown starts upping the fuel tax on it .....in the next cpl of years IIRC :roll:

3 pence max a litre for the next 3 years

but it has been frozen for the last 3 as well !

chubbz

anyone else seen a vegatable oil motor yet ?

yup... there's a bloke running a Golf TDI on veg oil in Manchester.... you get this lovely smell of fresh chips as he pootles past.... ;) :lol:

Most Diesels can run on Veg oil with very few modifications to the car... the oil needs a little bit of refining, but it's not difficult or expensive to do... 8)