Sign in to follow this  
pablo_vr6

200bhp from a vr6?

please dont say drillig the airbox ;)

Me?!!! Suggest that!!!! Christ no! I have a reputation to maintain! :wink:

No I was more thinking induction kits.

I've removed the snorkel inside the box, removed the CC and then drilled a section out of the airbox over the hole left by the CC so as to draw in colder, denser air.

Is that allowed? ;) :p

I'll let you off with that as that's what I did for a while. You need to block the front inlet off on the lower half of the box though or you'll get an almighty racket!

Plenty of cold air comes in the front of the car anyway. Look at the water marks on the scoop behind the headlight if you're in any doubt.

Ah Pablo knew i would find u in here :wink: good luck with the new car mate , can't wait to see her in the flesh , one of my all time favourite cars.

And hello to everyone else on this forum.

Ah a Fiat Coupe. Bloke on my road has a blue one. Actually, there's a bit of a Coupe war going on on my street at the moment. There's me with my VR, matey with the Fiat, 3 chicks with Ford Pumas (figures!), one chap with a Celica VVT 190 and a pair of Cougars.

I have to say, the VR is the most handsome one obviously :lol:

Pabs 777 it is , if u can get my car onto the rollers :D

Kevhaywire i would agree with u on the Corrado being the most handsome , i have always had a real thing for them, i was looking for one when i bought my coupe, Looking forward to seeing Pablo's one on monday, only ever been in a 16v version , really looking forward to seeing one and possbly driving one :oops: if i am allowed to ;)

LMAO it was wrecked when i got into it ;) you can stick your engine mount up your arse :)

Yeah the Fiat Turbo was on my shortlist too when hunting around for a good coupe. Had to be the 20V T though (huge grunt!), not the 16V T. 20V Ts were still holding their values when I looked so opted for the VR instead. The Chris Bangle style wheel arch slashes on the Fiat are what makes that car and the round rear lights. All gels together well. So many conflicting shapes like that shouldn't, but they do :lol:

Nice. They look wicked in grey :wink: Supreme choice of rims too, you really cannot go wrong with Azev/Atev type As 8)

I really enjoy my car especially the grunt , the straight line performace is fantastic , but point it at the twisties and it all goes pear shaped , i also have a feeling of impending doom as i keep expecting it to breakdown being italian and all that.

Yeah I heard the handling was somewhat lacking, to put it politely :oops:

Reliability!! Corrados must have italian blood in them cause they sure as hell aren't reliable either, LOL!

Reliability!! Corrados must have italian blood in them cause they sure as hell aren't reliable either, LOL!

Really i though these things were as reliable as they come , obviously u get the odd bad one (friday specials that were just thrown together) but on the whole are they not good for big miles ?

Really i though these things were as reliable as they come , obviously u get the odd bad one (friday specials that were just thrown together) but on the whole are they not good for big miles ?

Well, to be honest, mechanically they're as tough as any other VW. It's just some bits of the trim are a bit flakey and the VR6 has a particular penchant for MAF sensors and timing chain tensioners. The Corrado was made at Karmann, and not VW, so VW's high QA standards were sadly lacking on some aspects of the Corrado.

Funny how yours were made out of house by Karman , and would probably have been better made inside by VW and mine was built by Pininfarina and certinally turned out better than it would have done at the fiat factory.

Yep, small volume specials are often palmed off to their subsidaries as it saves on retooling costs in the main factory. It's far cheaper to contract someone in to do it than do it in-house, as weird as that sounds. I'm sure the bean counters got their sums right.

Karman built the MK1 and MK3 cabriolets exceptionally well, far better than VW could have, and would have, but for some reason they didn't give the Corrado their usual high enthusiasm and expertise. Having said all that, could just be a case of Sh!t in, Sh!t out....i.e. Karman just work with what VW give them, e.g. crappy Passat parts!

Yep, small volume specials are often palmed off to their subsidaries as it saves on retooling costs in the main factory. It's far cheaper to contract someone in to do it than do it in-house, as weird as that sounds. I'm sure the bean counters got their sums right.

But the main reason the Corrado "failed" in sales terms was it's high cost when new. Goes to show that somehow VW can't match the Japs et al for making a car cost effectively. It was expensive despite using a fair number of shared VW components and yet it turned out to be a pretty fragile product!

But it's talents make up for it :D