VR6 Lee

Stainless Steel exhaust

There are tons of companies all around the UK offering the same services. Just drive in, 2-3 hours later you have a stainless system from the cat back to your spec of normal (quiet like OEM), small mid box (medium sound)and no mid box or sport mid box to give you a nice rumble. Pick your tailpipe design as well. So not too bad a service and a good long term replacement for a standard system thats on its way out.

Problems that I have seen over a few systems I have had done on some obscure cars/bikes. The welding has been poor and incorrect prep / wire being used resulting in cracks/rust.

Sounds a little tinny even after a few thousand miles when it should be nice and bedded in giving a nice tone. Mid boxes and rear boxes are factory made by a supplier and are not the best in design. No consideration given in terms of volume and required flow/back pressure.

But for sub 300 quid all in all it is a decent service. Just make sure they weld the support hangers correctly and use heavy duty rubber hangers to support the additional weight of a SS system.

I have looked & looked for potential exhaust replacements & after many hours i think i will be going for a longlife system

They quoted me recently for a full stainless system, from downpipe back, & to include a high flo cat & with a 'transferable between owners' lifetime warranty (rather than it expiring if/when you sell the car) & it came in around £400 odd mark

Interestingly i did get 2 different quotes from 2 alternative branches so they can move on quote price