Roger Chatfield

The spoiler, actual aerodynamic aid or marketing ploy?

I liked the bit when he rubbed the seat the best

I also never knew that if you kept the key turned in the door lock it put the windows up

Oh yes sexy seat rubbing action!

Mine is overnighting at the mechanics as she is being serviced (with a few extras) but I'm going to try that when I get her home. The windows that is, not the seat rubbing ;)

Some of them don't do it (The windows), tends to just be most of the later ones I think.

Some of them don't do it (The windows), tends to just be most of the later ones I think.

I hate to correct you Neil but mine does it not with the key but if I leave the window open get out activate the alarm/lock car the window's close though on occasion if they have been open between 75% to fully open they don't close totally. And mine is an Early car too J plate

Oh aye, I know some do it mate, just not all of em:thumbleft: Mate has an early valver that doesn't do it, and a few of my own previous didn't do it (Two valvers and a G60). Current G60 does it:cool:

If anything Neil it highlight's how much these car's were messed about with regarding alarm's etc in fact what am I talking about regarding everything vvvvvvvv very hard to get an original one now if not impossible. Liked the "Oh aye" by the way :thumbleft:

One thing I think that is 'fact' though is that on early cars, full closure (when locking the doors) doesn't close the sunroof - which it will do on later Corrado's.

in the vid it has smoothed front bumpers was that a spec in other countries or just because it looks better in a promo video

in the vid it has smoothed front bumpers was that a spec in other countries or just because it looks better in a promo video

Canadian Corrado's had the smooth front bumper (no requirement for front license plates) - I think US ones were the same too, but not 100% on that!

I hate to correct you Neil but mine does it not with the key but if I leave the window open get out activate the alarm/lock car the window's close though on occasion if they have been open between 75% to fully open they don't close totally. And mine is an Early car too J plate

That's an issue with alarm timing and the deadlocking of doors... just not been setup quite right.

All cars with electric windows should do this - it's in the instruction manual and as Jim says the sunroof is only connected on late cars (the difference between MK2 and MK3 looms)

Cars that don't do this maybe have a door handle / switch issue or didn't have factory electric windows (several early cars had dealer fit kits)

I see in that video you could extend the warranty in the US to 100k miles - jeez, I wonder how many G60 chargers were replaced!

One thing I think that is 'fact' though is that on early cars, full closure (when locking the doors) doesn't close the sunroof - which it will do on later Corrado's.

assuming the sunroof mech is still working :)

Nope if you have a factory fitted set of electric windows they all do it, later models do the sunroof as an extra though. There are some models kicking around that have been converted from manual windows that don't do it though. All models should do it, if they don't something in the central locking system is broken or an 'alarm fitter' has broken it instead.

Did you also know if you hold the key in the open position is works the other way around, ie the windows open.

As for the spoiler, the evidence provided by VWs wind tunnel tests indicate a significant amount of downforce/lift prevention by using the spoiler, if you watch the movement on the rear of the car in the video the suspension is compressed by quite a large amount when the spoiler is deployed.

As for speeds, here are the facts, the original design called for a spoiler deployment speed of 72mph - the German cars have spoiler control modules that operate at the speed as testing revealed that was the optimum point to deploy the spoiler for handling.

Obviously in the UK that is 2mph over the limit so it was reduced to 47mph for UK use - all early cars have this type of spoiler control module. When the VR came in (and I am not sure if this applies to all models after VR introduction or just the VR) the limit was raised to 55mph.

If anything Neil it highlight's how much these car's were messed about with regarding alarm's etc in fact what am I talking about regarding everything vvvvvvvv very hard to get an original one now if not impossible. Liked the "Oh aye" by the way

It sure does mate! I never knew that they were all supposed to do the auto window closure with the key. Just going off past experience (Or just experiencing the dealer fitted leccy windows). One of them was a non sunroof early valver with leccy windows.

Mine's a late bodied car but the sunroof doesn't close with the key, nothing wrong with it as far as I'm aware so I presume it's down to the early/late modules etc.

Picked my car up tonight following her service (a few £'s lighter) and I accidentally (on purpose) switched off the ignition and removed the key only to discover I'f carelessly left the windows down.:dance:

But it was okay! Because the windows closed when I key-locked the door!

I have no idea why that small touch has made me so happy! I'm going out now to test Yandards claim it goes both ways! Edit - mine doesn't but I wouldn't have used that feature anyway :)

I wish I had a user manual for my car, I have every receipt spanning her existence no no flipping manual) Does anyone know if the manual is available in PDF format anywhere? I'd love to know exactly what the trip computer is doing and how the rear windscreen wiper is supposed to work (mine seems very un-user-friendly)

Don't you just push the stalk to turn the wiper on and then push it again to turn it off? Also the front intermittent wiper has a user programmable delay... push the stalk down then back up again, wait for the period you would like the delay, then push it down again. It will now wipe with the delay you set.

If you have an after market alarm then you can have it wired to the window close feature. If I leave the windows open I can lock the car on my alarm fob and if I hold the button fir a few seconds it closes the Windows and sunroof.

Bought one :thumbleft:

My rear wiper works as Portent describes though I didn't know about the intermittent timing :)

I'm just hoping there is a magic "fix everything" button I have missed. It's amazing how you can get into your car and just love it then by the time you've arrived back home you're cursing the day you ever bought the damn thing.

My spoiler works though;)