VR6 South

Strange things other drivers do

I thought that I would start this thread having seen the following this week.

The weather was thick fog, the traffic was at crawling pace as it usually is at that time of the morning. So I couldn't understand why approx 20% of drivers had their fog lights on and they were also wearing sun glasses?

Or am I missing something?

Not sure if it should be labelled strange, more dangerous I think, but my wife has it in her head that when coming to a hill where blind the other side, she will speed up toward the crest "as if I get there quicker, I'm more likely to see if there is something the other side"................:scratch:

Not sure if it should be labelled strange, more dangerous I think, but my wife has it in her head that when coming to a hill where blind the other side, she will speed up toward the crest "as if I get there quicker, I'm more likely to see if there is something the other side"................:scratch:

err maybe there is logic i there somehwere....but i cant see it either sean ;) lol

err maybe there is logic i there somehwere....but i cant see it either sean ;) lol

Perhaps a Dukes of Hazard style jump over the oncoming cars?

I'm not sure that sunglasses is relevant. I wear them all year round and they don't impair my vision, otherwise I wouldn't wear them. A/C dries my eyes out and my they are sensitive to glare. Sunnies therefore reduce headaches. There's a funny unwritten rule in this country that sunglasses and convertibles are for sun use only. Strange.

I saw a guy playing a harmonica a few months ago whilst driving down the m1

Also seen a bloke on the m18 watching an i pad whilst doing 50 , wondered why he kept looking down in to his passenger seat because we thought he had a tik or something similar , turnes out he was glimps watching the i pad and then having a quick look at the road back and forth lol

I have a bad habit at traffic light of putting it in first and then forgetting then taking it out and putting it back in first lol must do it about 3 times at each set of lights

I'm not sure that sunglasses is relevant. I wear them all year round and they don't impair my vision, otherwise I wouldn't wear them. A/C dries my eyes out and my they are sensitive to glare. Sunnies therefore reduce headaches. There's a funny unwritten rule in this country that sunglasses and convertibles are for sun use only. Strange.

Agreed but your condition can't be that common surely?

I find it amazing that people (regularly) indicate one way and turn the other.. It doesn't even begin to make sense..

I have a bad habit at traffic light of putting it in first and then forgetting then taking it out and putting it back in first lol must do it about 3 times at each set of lights

Haha, you're not alone with that one! I notice a lot of people do it, myself included.

I drove past a middle aged woman in my lorry on Monday who had her skirt pulled up to her thighs and her blouse undone to the waist...

I drove past a middle aged woman in my lorry on Monday who had her skirt pulled up to her thighs and her blouse undone to the waist...

As a fello trucker, I couldn't explain that one ?

But this job bares witness to daily bad driving ! , so I turn to the bazar !

This being the most recent ;)

s3n2q0.jpg

Edited by slot

I do the first gear selection thing as well, but I always select second first. Throwback to non synchro first gears. Just to complete my dinosaur status I still double declutch. I'll get my coffin now.