n3p

National Day Convoy - South/London/M1

Anyone up for a convoy up to the National Day this Sunday? Always makes a long, boring journey more fun when you're playing with a few other Corrados :norty:

Bruntingthorpe (LE17 5QS) is (according to Google) off J20 of the M1, so it would be good for anyone travelling up to meet along the way.

I will be picking up a friend, then travelling from M25 J6, so driving from there to the M1 junction (M25 J21) and straight up. I was thinking to get there for around 08:30 +/- 30 minutes, so we'd have to meet early (but I am flexible and can go earlier or later if needed).

List of potential meet points are:

M25 Cobham Services (near J10) - If anyone is coming via the M25

M1 Premier Inn Luton (J9) - same as Stanford Hall convoy last year

M1 Toddington Services (J11-12)

M1 Newport Pagnell (J14-15)

M1 Northampton Services (J15-15A)

M1 Watford Gap (J16-17)

Personally I think the Premier Inn Luton worked well last year, as people coming from the M3, M4 and M25 anti clockwise can all meet here with ease. The services further up the M1 could be further meeting points for others from around that way, but we should put it to a vote. Also, if the M1 isn't ideal for some or if there is a better way that I don't know then please speak out and I'll follow the crowd.

Thoughts? Times?

Nick

I should be attending Nick. If so happy to meet at Cobham Services

Excellent :thumbleft:

M5/M42/M6 for me before crossing over M1 towards the end - Might see some of you?

Ian.

Hopefully you will, should have some times arranged later this week (and hopefully some more cars - the more the merrier!)

Bump. Anyone else from the south interested?

I'm probably not camping now so i'm good to meet at Cobham too .What time are you thinking Nick ?

Daren

Does Cobham mean you have to go out of your way to meet us Darren? (Ie anti clockwise first) because if so we can meet you a bit further up? Flexible on times, what's good for you? (and Ben aka Billzeebub)

Surely there are more people from the south coming? :norty:

I'm coming up from the M23 so could meet you guys at the Cobham Services too.

Does Cobham mean you have to go out of your way to meet us Darren? (Ie anti clockwise first) because if so we can meet you a bit further up? Flexible on times, what's good for you? (and Ben aka Billzeebub)

It's not too far off my route so long as i can turn around at the service area via tunnel or bridge.It looks like its possible from maps.Does anyone know if that's the case ? If so how does 7.15 sound ? Not sure what time we are meant to arrive

Ignore my last post,looks like J9 M1 Premier inn is good for me so see you there.7.45 sound ok?

Yep, sounds good - others, I guess we should meet there too @ 7:45

Anyone else welcome to come along

Nick

Unfortunately, not sure if I'm going to make it to Bruntingthorpe, certainly won't be leaving in time for the convoy if I do.

Rain has stopped.. Will hopefully start brightening up now! :)