unomatt

Upgrading 4 stud brakes

Are there any upgrades I can do to the brakes on my valver? They seem really rubbish! Going to do a fluid change and a brake service but wondered if there was anything else I can do whilst I'm at it? Don't fancy a 5 stud conversion as I want to keep her relatively original.

Fluid change and Goodridge St/Steel hoses are a good shout - The most popular upgrade is to go to G60 280mm discs with G60/VR6 calipers. The other item, if you can find them, is I believe an early Audi S2 that had twin pot 280mm brakes?

Ian.

:lol: Cleared that up nicely there chris mine are obviously Leon :thumbleft:

Techy talk that is James!!

You after Yan's job? Would still prefer your brake's though just for the fact that they have got "Aston Martin" on them with the correct wheel setup Yum Yum.

Im after upping the brake pervert stakes at the mo.... ;)

6 pot's? How come a wee Turbo on the horizon?

4 pots

muhypu7e.jpg

Been on mine for about 70k,and fit behind my 15" wheels !

(And work really well)

Yes but are Hispec 4 pot's not smaller?? Pretty sure they are.

I'll dig the specs out later,

But find it hard to believe they are smaller,the pistons measure 38.6 x4 that's 1170 sq mm clamping area per piston

I don't know what the Corrado piston size are,as I weighed my old ones in for scrap years ago.Be interesting if anybody knows it

I installed Porsche 911 front calipers in my Corrado last week.

Used a Seat Ibiza Cupra R discs, they are 4x100.

syne2yzu.jpg

ybe5equv.jpg

sape8aru.jpg

uvahyza4.jpg

Edited by orons
typo

Thanks for all the advice guys, plenty to think about. The 'rado has decided to throw spanners in the works though, so brakes have been pushed down the list, although it is my birthday soon...

Can anyone tell me the offset from the back face of the disk to the inner face that mounts to the hub please?

I looked at leon disks and they sat to far out so the caliper hit the wheel so I used fiat 20v turbo disks on mine to get the disk to sit further in but they needed some alteration, didn't know about the Ibiza disks at the time.

Can anyone tell me the offset from the back face of the disk to the inner face that mounts to the hub please?

I looked at leon disks and they sat to far out so the caliper hit the wheel so I used fiat 20v turbo disks on mine to get the disk to sit further in but they needed some alteration, didn't know about the Ibiza disks at the time.

If you look on eurocarparts site it give disk specs if you click on "Part Details"

I thought it was fiat coupe 20v NON turbo 284mm disks used in conjunction with 288mm callipers?