Samviv

New g60 owner with troubles

Hi I recently brought myself a corrado g60 and it was misfiring and not idling properly so I brought new ht leads and plugs but didn't seem to do any thing I then try adjusting my isv valve but now Iv done that the car won't fire up at all, just turns over, the isv valve doesn't Hum or vibrate so I'm guessing I need a new one of them but that wouldn't stop it firing up right? Can anyone give me an idea what to try next? Cheers

replace the rotor arm distributor they not expensive and can cause these symptoms I recently replaced the entire ignition system on mine as it was all getting on a bit.

also try replacing the blue water temp sensor located on the front of the block £21 ish from VW

could also be that you've flooded the cylinders from trying to start it often so you may find it starts when the fuel dries up tomorrow?

Cheers, I tested to see if there was a spark and there wasn't any, so I'm thinking a new ignition coil ATM, I also noticed my friends golfs ha a red and black cable going to the ignition cool and mine only has a green one and black one should I have a red and black one there?

No green is correct, the G60 green wire feeds into the Ecu to give the amplified (or is it deamplified i can't remember) feed to the rev counter. On your friend's golf the feed goes straight into the fuse box.

If you are getting no spark it might also be the hall sender in the dizzy.

When you say adjust your isv valve what did you actually do?

For some reason my last few posts haven't worked... Need to be check or some thing,

U followed a little thing from this forum and used an Allan key to adjust till air couldn't get through,

Thank god thought my car had a cable missing, cheers!

What would you guys start off replacing?

Is there a way of telling if they are gone or do you just replace them and that's how you find out?

Ask around , do any of your mates know an auto electrician ? Anyone you know how to use a multimeter ? . Finding out what the problem is , will be a lot cheaper than replacing parts and guessing what the fault is . I've made this mistake and others on here and it can be very expensive .

Rob

Cheers rob, I brought a multimeter yesterday, but haven't tried any thing yet, iv messaged a few mates for a hand but they don't no, and on this little island I love on there's only like 3 corrados so there's not much people are clued up on them, would this kinda problem come up on a vag-com?

A friend of mine came around today who's a vehicle technician and took the ecu casing off and did some thing and it fired up right away only been two weeks off the roads :-/ recommend if anyone has this kind of issue check that before buying a load of parts haha :-)