robrado974

So p???£&d off right now !!!!!

The recommended glue to stick the bonnet foam has now blistered my new paint !!!!!. I can't believe this , I really can't . It says it may effect some paint . But blister it ??!!. I am now going to have to find some other way of sticking it to cover up the damage . Really didn't need this before Volksfest .

surely no glue should blister paint, how would it stick if it blisters the paint, unlucky rob hope you get it sorted mate

Ray it was the 3m 80 , Loepan , no it should not blister the paint , worried sick about this now .

Just spoken to the bloke who painted the car and he thinks it's the white spirit that's agitated the paint .

Strange white spirit is usually every thing friendly as it does not react with most paints and fillers etc.

obviously there has been some adverse chemical reaction with the paint and the glue, my question is why and what is the type of paint used?

Yes but the fact it is fresh paint and I imagine he never lacquered the underside of the bonnet. Why did you use white spirit Rob was it a recommendation in the glue instruction's?

Not sure if it's cellulose or water based Ray . James I was using the spirit to remove the glue I had put on , I thought I would use this instead of thinners as it's less harmfull .will restick the foam next week , maybe it was not dry enough when I shut the bonnet .

Can't see it being water based Rob not DBP mate I would say you need to investigate to see what has been used before you even attempt to try and affix the insulation. I know this doesn't help now mate but you don't even need the insulation I don't have any on mine and it is fine plus I have a nice shiny under bonnet. Go back to your painter mate.

Thanks both of you . Abs light came on and stayed on today as well . Deep breath and start Monday evening to get it ready for Volksfest . I've put so much into this car , I really feel like enough is enough sometimes !

ABS light is nowt big guy not even worth thinking about it. Just do what you have to do to get it ready mate the drive up to volksfest may actually be beneficial regarding the ABS light they are so sensitive. I am really glad mine is non ABS I get none of that (just got to put right what was bodged before me) In no way think about getting rid mate you have done the hard work it will get better don't pass on something which is an easy fix for someone else a bit more mechanically minded there are tooo many who profit from that mate. You will get it sorted :D

Thanks James , my friendly mechanic will have the car on Wednesday , hopefully it will only be a sensor and not the pump !

Rob

He will vagcom it Rog , should be straight forward . No these have to be glued on Supercharged .

Rob