Jim

Wanted: VR6 PAS Pump

Looking for a good condition VR6 pas pump. Mine gave up the ghost, and had a 'refurbished' one fitted - it's making so much noise despite plenty of time to bed in, it's got to go back. I'd buy a genuine VW one but they're in the region of £280+VAT which I can't quite afford at the moment.

Anyone happen to be breaking a VR, and have one for sale? Ta. I'm going to be away for the next 6 days or so but will try and pop on the forum periodically to check.

Jim, I'm sure there was a couple of pumps in with the crate of spares I got with my 'spare' engine, I'll have a did out later and see what I can find.

Rog.

Cheers both - may take a punt on the eBay one but given how much of a lottery it can be, maybe bagging a couple wouldn't be a bad idea so keen to see if you find any Rog. Cheers.

Cheers both - may take a punt on the eBay one but given how much of a lottery it can be, maybe bagging a couple wouldn't be a bad idea so keen to see if you find any Rog. Cheers.

How quickly do you need one? I have a good working pump and matching ECU which was removed from my car as I had an ABS fault which I thought was the pump/ECU as I had changed every thing else. Still had exactly the same fault after fitting another pump/ECU. Turned out to be a blown fuse behind the glovebox!!!

The problem is that I am would not be able to post until after the 20th of this month as I am currently away from home. Let me know.

Cheers, Sam

EDIT! Just realised it is PAS pump you are after, and not ABS pump! What a dummy!

Edited by iceviolet

Jim, I've have a look through my 'stash' and I've only got one pump.

IMG_4569_zpsfad6324b.jpg

IMG_4570_zpsae975c98.jpg

Having compared it to the one fitted to my car I'd say its a little different, however the mounting holes and pressure hoses all appear to be in the correct places so it'll probably fit.

You are more than welcome to it if you want mate.

Rog.