Strugs

John Mitchell Racing

Anyone used JMR recently and could recommend him for a VR? The list of jobs for mine is getting longer by the day and I'm just getting the time to do it, so tempted just to leave it, and the list, with someone reputable! I'm in Farnham, Surrey, and JMR are about an hour away. The Phirm are much closer but they seem to have mixed reviews and I like the idea of someone who really knows 'rados and their little 'quirks'!

Carried on searching and I believe John is on here? Dragon Green?

Is that you John? :wave: Are you any good? :lol:

I know he doesn't return your calls...

Oh.. :(

You're local to me Jamie - any recommendations?

It's not Dragon Green mate it's 16vg60 is the member name you need to be searching

Tbh Strugs I do most stuff myself. Only wanted to speak to JMR about his large rear disc conversion. Any bits I can't do* I have a VW tech mate who does them for me, but very reluctantly.

*Cant be arsed to do

Tbh Strugs I do most stuff myself. Only wanted to speak to JMR about his large rear disc conversion. Any bits I can't do* I have a VW tech mate who does them for me, but very reluctantly.

*Cant be arsed to do

Most of what needs doing (even the service) I could do, I just don't have the time.. :(

I notice that no-one is jumping to JMRs' defence so looks like a bit of a no-go possibly..?

Actually I meant to say Farnborough VW Centre are very good mate. The owner is called Andy and the number is 01252 521152.

From what I've heard, JMR have a very good reputation for G60s. No idea about anything else, but I'm sure they will be more than capable on anything else.

Yeah JMR do have a very good rep, never heard a bad word tbh, hope it didn't come over that I was saying otherwise. I was just saying I've had zero luck in getting him to call me back and suggested somewhere more local to Farnham for the OP

I've met John a couple of times,he is a very passionate man about the Corrado,just look at his own one !

He has done a lot of work on a lot of Corrado's on this forum.i haven't personally used his services,mainly because of the distance.

But if I needed to,I wouldn't hesitate ringing him.

Actually I meant to say Farnborough VW Centre are very good mate. The owner is called Andy and the number is 01252 521152.

Cool.. Their website (well, front page - that's all they've got!) seems to suggest they're into their air-cooled classics. Have they worked on many 'rados (yours?)?

I've met John a couple of times,he is a very passionate man about the Corrado,just look at his own one !

He has done a lot of work on a lot of Corrado's on this forum.i haven't personally used his services,mainly because of the distance.

But if I needed to,I wouldn't hesitate ringing him.

Good to know. He must have a rep, otherwise Autocar wouldn't have referred to him as their expert in the recent buying guide they did, but I guess I was hoping I'd get a string of replies singing his praises. I don't mind travelling if the job's going to be done to a cracking standard..

I highly recommend JMR, it's not just G60's, they do all water cooled dubs. He is always extremely busy, which is probably why he has not been able to call you back.

I highly recommend JMR, it's not just G60's, they do all water cooled dubs. He is always extremely busy, which is probably why he has not been able to call you back.

Sweet. This is what I was hoping for (expecting?)..

I'll chirp in and say that it was John who looked after my VR too (back when I actually owed a Corrado and started this site!) and he knows his stuff.

Very passionate about all things Dub, but certainly has time for all Corrado models!

(Admin approval, how's that?!)

My VR6 is with John for the next week or so. He is carrying out a lot of work to the underside including the brakes and rear beam. I'm happy to give feedback when the work is completed but so far I have found him very conscientious in his approach.

I'll chirp in and say that it was John who looked after my VR too (back when I actually owed a Corrado and started this site!) and he knows his stuff.

Very passionate about all things Dub, but certainly has time for all Corrado models!

(Admin approval, how's that?!)

:thumbleft:

My VR6 is with John for the next week or so. He is carrying out a lot of work to the underside including the brakes and rear beam. I'm happy to give feedback when the work is completed but so far I have found him very conscientious in his approach.

If you wouldn't mind? That would be awesome. Happy for a PM if you'd prefer? :thumbleft: