Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Yes, I'm still alive.... ;)

Hello all.

Haven't really been online much recently as a few of you have noticed, but I am still alive and I do still own a Corrado 8)

She's just back from getting through the MoT - failed first time round on the rear number plate lights not working. The garage found the spllit in the wire and soldered it up for me. All cool now.

She's also been treated to new brakes all round, since 200,000 mile calipers and sliders tend to be a bit crap. Still on the original carriers though.

Now have Mk4 Golf alloy rear callipers, new std.front calipers (which I painted red one boring evening, lol) and groove black diamond discs & pads all round, plus Goodridge hoses.

The brakes are spongey at the mo, but thats expected with such a hard disc & pad setup. They do need warming up before use and have only done 500 metres of the 200 mile bed-in ;) (Very local garage!)

Though apparently, once past the sponginess, the brake meter on the MoT tester flew round very strongly - so brakes are way over spec.

Here's some cam-phone pics if you're that bothered.... ;)

Yay! Glad your car passed OK... 8)

The brakes look good... I hope you enjoy 'em... it's a good spec you've got there now to slow you down, are ya gonna do anything to make her quicker?!? ;) :lol:

I sometimes wish I hadn't painted my rears, as they are alloy (as yours are) and look pretty cool untouched... 8)

Good to see you still around matey :)

What was the bill for fitting the brakes, out of interest?

The garage charged me a total of £196.

Thats including VAT, fitting of discs, pads, callipers, brake lines, rear bearings, new OSF CV boot and the rear plate lights fixing, and the MoT (only 24.95 - bargain!). They were actually working on it for 5 days in total. :shock:

Henny, yeah, exactly what I thought. Though we'll see how they look in 3 months time when they start to oxidise!