LancasterStorm

Another happy new Corrado Owner

Well I picked up my new ( to me) Corrado today, mystic blue storm, done 30 miles tonight and I have to say that noise is going to cost me points on my license! I'm the third owner and it came with every bit of paperwork from new. Every mot, bill tax disc etc. 136k and apart from the radio totally original. A credit to the previous keeper. No doubt I'll be asking the normal newbie questions so bear with me. One thing that attracted me to the car was this forum, such a wealth of info from like minded owners. Looking forward to a few meets too. Based in Lancaster in the north west.

Welcome aboard :) Pictures whenever you're ready please ;)

welcome.

I use photobucket, load pictures to it and then use the links provided by photobucket on the forum.

hello there - glad your enjoying it!

if you click 'go advanced' you can then use the 'attach' button to insert pictures where you want them :)

Nice car. Looks to be solid and well looked after.

From photobucket, Once you have the photo uploaded and you are on the multi picture screen, mouse over the picture you want but don't click it. In the top right corner a small gear will appear, mouse over that and click get links. Go down to the part that says and click on the weblink under it. That will copy the picture link to memory. Come onto this page, or any other and then paste that link in by pressing either ctrl and V together or right click and press paste.

Sorry if that was a little noddy for you, I'm only trying to help :)

Seriously nice car though!

The Storm was a limited run towards the end of the life of the Corrado. 250 in blue and 250 in green mostly manual boxes, all came with heated leather and a different stereo plus some different alloys and a colour coded grill, there are some fakes out there too especially in Green, they were not allocated serial build numbers.

I bought my Corrado not because it's a Storm, but bacause I knew the owner and I really like it, had it been the standard VR6 I would have bought it anyway.

In fact to an extent I wish mine was not a Storm, since owning it I'm thinking.... 16" alloys and a 35mm lowering kit, clear rear lights all look nice Mmmmmm, then I keep thinking I must keep it standard. really having a dilema at the moment.

Had mine been a standard VR6 then it would be happening. VR6 Storms are really nice, but IMHO don't get caught up in it all. There are equally nice if not better spec Corrados out there.

You say that I shouldn't get caught up in it. But now I feel that I have to get a Storm! I don't' plan on doing anything with my Corrado when I get it but cleaning and taking care of it! I think the Corrado looks really nice Stock! I think that you should keep the car just as it is, seeing its a tad more 'special'

Since I don't own one yet I can't really speak from experience, but isn't the Corrado already quite low? Whats the ground clearance on a stock?

Shame on the ones who bought an automatic Corrado!

Noticed your location is showing Sweden, Storms were UK only I think.

Imports are always an option. Seeing that they sell quite some Corrados on this forum from the UK. Also the cars are cheaper in the UK :dance: Besides, having Swedens only 'Storm' does not have too bad of a ring to it in my ears. Of course additional research would be required before I could state this!

EDIT: It's almost cheaper to import an car from the UK then having to travel to the other side of Sweden to just have a look at one! If I find a good car here on the forums most of the questions can be dealt with over the internet. A plane ticket isn't that expensive to the UK!

Edited by Niclas Westlake

You could also ask someone here in the UK to go and view a car for you, to at least screen it for you and make sure it's worth your while flying out to close the deal. People are helpful like that on here!

You could also ask someone here in the UK to go and view a car for you, to at least screen it for you and make sure it's worth your while flying out to close the deal. People are helpful like that on here!

Always and option! I will hold you to that!

just the Visual that's different on the Storm? Or something in the engine bay?

Just the visuals. 250 were made in Classic Green with cream leather (a combo you could get on the Corrado anyway) and 250 in Mystic Blue with black leather, a combo you couldn't get on the Corrado unless it was a Storm. Then they were fitted with BBS Solitude wheels and had their grille painted (whereas on every other Corrado they were just black plastic). And some Storm badges - one on the rear, one on the gear tunnel surround instead of the 'Karmann' logo.