Sign in to follow this  
RobyD

rattles from sunroof

Does anyone else have this same problem? Doesn't do it all the time but i'm certain it's the sunroof coz if i push up on it, it stops

Any one know what this could be, what parts, easy/cheap fix?

Cheers for any advice

this is the panel that is on the roof that rattles back n forth.

I vthink its cos the panel needs setting up so that the close is in the right place.

if it tilts ok (mines broke), when on tilt tyhe tilting panel n liner wont be fixed together properly.

Does anyone else have this same problem? Doesn't do it all the time but i'm certain it's the sunroof coz if i push up on it, it stops

Any one know what this could be, what parts, easy/cheap fix?

Cheers for any advice

Cheap Fix *:)

Slide it open then shut it ..... rattle stops..... tilt it then shut it.... rattle starts .... get it? *;)

Trust me it works *:)

If you're lucky it's just a peice of trim that needs sorting but if you're unlucky (and I know i've got this problem) the roof brace behind the sunroof has seperated from the roof (it's bonded on) and is clanking over bumps. MK2 Golfs do it aswell and it's all down to the chassis twisting over uneven surfaces. My drive entrance is pig for it and I can hear the chassis twisting as I drive on and off it. Nasty.

It's just a case of sticking some dynmat over the beam to rebond it to the roof but hopefully you don't have that problem!

Kev

isnt this the same problem where the $tealers used to pry off the trim, and put in a couple of strips of sponge/foam?

Just a thought....

i get this sometimes but of course having superspor coilovers doset really help as they are pretty hard :x but overall i like them but the rattling is there sometimes

Cheap Fix *

Slide it open then shut it ..... rattle stops..... tilt it then shut it.... rattle starts .... get it? *

Trust me it works

So basically dont use the tilt function?! I'll give it a go.

Cheers for advice guys, think it requires a bit of investigation tonight