graham1971

The gift that keeps on giving

Hi guys, just bought my Mrs a blue 1994 VR6 auto as a 40th birthday present as we both love them. Already changed the coil pack which made a big difference immediately, now just need to fix the sunroof, heater blower switch, get some new interior trim, wheels and paint it and it'll be all ready to be sunny Swansea's finest new (old) VR! Help! What have I done?:bonk:

Thanks for the warm welcome to my first post. I don't know how to add pictures yet but as soon as I work it out I will add them, sorry!

Thanks for the warm welcome to my first post. I don't know how to add pictures yet but as soon as I work it out I will add them, sorry!

don't worry, nice to see your both enjoying your new toy.... and welcome to the forum..... looking forward to seeing some pictures and contributions on here in the future......

Simply upload your photos to an image hosting site such as Photobucket. Once you've done that, copy the img. code of the photo/ photos and paste the code/ codes into your post. When viewed, the img. code will appear as a photo. Hope this helps.

Sorry... This thread is worthless without pictures :)

Am I alone in thinking that's a bit harsh !

Glad to hear you and the missus have got a new toy . As they say those that play together stay together .

Well done on your purchase , nice to hear you have plans already . An auto too , getting rare these days .

Glad to hear you and the missus have got a new toy . As they say those that play together stay together .

I doubt very much it was meant to be 'harsh',

Its just a saying used on here from time to time as we all like to see pictures.

Really not harsh as harrier said it's a saying that gets repeated time and time again on here...

We love pictures of new members cars..... We love to take an interest...

See that you are relatively new too .... Maybe we could have some pictures of your motor ??

Really not harsh as harrier said it's a saying that gets repeated time and time again on here...

We love pictures of new members cars..... We love to take an interest...

See that you are relatively new too .... Maybe we could have some pictures of your motor ??

Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to the nuances of language " worthless " is not a word I would of used . No matter . Feel free to peruse pics of my car I started a build thread in march .

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=85666

Nice one, welcome to the forum, loads of good folk on here and a real hive of information.

What wrong with the sunroof? If it tilts but won't open then a second hand replacement motor from a mk3 golf should sort it. (Well it did in my case).

Rog.

One of the guide rails is apparently snapped I've heard you can replace it with a glass one from a passat. Anyone know what year and model of passat would be appropriate?

Screenshot_2014-07-27-16-43-09.jpg Screenshot_2014-07-27-16-41-56.jpg Screenshot_2014-07-27-16-41-34.jpg

Ive already sorted the bolster wear with some black shoe polish, looks brand new! Rear seats look pretty good, scratches and rust will be sorted when it goes to paint. Those were the sellers pictures on ebay, in fairness he gave a pretty honest description, maybe a little too honest for some!

Its moonlight blue pearlescent which doesnt really show up in the pictures. Ive posted the gear shifter surround picture elsewhere but to me it looks wrong, should I have an economy/sport switch on a 1994 VR6?

IMG_20140727_170427.jpg

Edited by graham1971

Just bought a set of BBS RS from VW Classic Parts, the center caps have been discontinued, anyone know where I can find a good set or even a part number of something else that will fit? Part number 1H0 601 149 G AEV

IMG_20140729_173753.jpg IMG_20140729_173738.jpg IMG_20140729_124025.jpg IMG_20140729_124017.jpg IMG_20140729_101409.jpg IMG_20140729_101449.jpg IMG_20140729_101357.jpg

the fun begins....

First piccie is one of my dogs admiring the mysterious crop circle in the garden then my Arch, Roof and Sunroof after the repair, then pictures of the same before. Dent Master on Ebenezer Street in Swansea did all four dents for £80, had to get the worst out because she's going for some new paint on Thursday.

Edited by graham1971

Pics of the new wheels asap mate :)

Will do but I can't seem to find the centre caps, I'm told they're on the list of obsoleted parts you just can't get anymore, if so Mrs P may actually kill me! Part number is 1H0 601 149 G AEV any ideas? Anyone?

When I said center caps I should have been more specific. They're a three piece item, a center, a hex nut and a disc on the outside that covers the recess containing the wheel nuts entirely, more like a three piece hub cap for an alloy wheel in effect. I just paid $175 to a firm in the Ukraine who claim to have oem in stock. Couldn't find them ANYWHERE else. Watching the news has taken on a little less humanitarian feeling for at least until my parts can get here! How awful is that?