Atki

Vr6 lasted one day Atki

Well here we are again. Back to square one. The car drove for one day. Started it up on Monday morning, reversed out, switched off to wait for my other half. Went to restart. Same old once again, turns over but will not catch.

Have spent the last two days spraying cleaning every electrical connector in the engine bay. Have now changed the crank sensor to. Still no go. Managed to unscrew the ecu plug in the bay to separate it and have sprayed that countless times now. cleaned and sprayed the cam shaft sensor and plug .Cleaned and sprayed the ecu socket and wires. Still the same old. The engine tries to fire up and gets close but does not pick up. From then on it cranks over but does not even try to fire. Let it rest... does the same again. Am I missing something or is there something more serious to worry about? If possible can some one explain to me the start up process of the car what I mean is what needs to be working in order for it to fire up? There is definitely petrol getting to where it needs to be. When removed the brand new plugs are wet. Battery on constant trickle charge but shows almost 12V. Have even cleaned and checked the ignition barrel. At one stage the starter motor went silent. Have also tested and checked relay 109. So sorry for the diatribe but what do I do next?

Last time it was on ( Saturday ) it told me that it was a revolution sensor. I have since changed both of them now.

Connection to coilpack ok? If you're getting fuel there the 109 relay should be ok. If you're not getting a spark work back from the spark plugs ie check leads, coilpack, power to coilpack, loom to coilpack. Let us know how you get on.

Hi. I'll try again tomorrow. Pretty sure there are sparks but only on the first turn over. Thats when it almost kicks in.

In one of the threads in the engine bay section someone mentioned the ecu needing to be re-mapped if the battery had been disconnected. How can you get that checked and would the re-mapping be easy to do? Or is it a case of VW only

It doesn't have to be remapped , that's for better fuel consumption , better Bhp etc . It's something to do with resetting the ecu . Someone will come up with the answer how on how to do this . When the battery goes flat or is disconnected and is connected the ecu can go a bit nuts for a bit resetting itself . I've never reset mine in the past , just put the battery back in and let it sort itself out . Never been a problem .

Mine did this on and off fro years - at the most inopportune moments.

It was the ECU power relay in the end. changed it and never looked back. Fuel pump relay can give similar symptoms too