Goldie

Inner cv joint

As per title. Condition irrelevant, So long as it looks similar to one from a vr then great.

I need it for exchange.

I'm in Glasgow but am attending edition and will be driving from here to chesterfield to Northampton to Durham so can collect if you are near.

Anyone got a scrap one in their parts bin?

Yes but it's still together with driveshaft/hub but yours if we can get it apart :)

Is it scrap Martin?

I have another driveshaft i need to strip as well. (need to return 2 x inner and 1 x outer)..

The cv certainly looks like scrap mate, the boot is all burst and I had no plans to ever consider using it. I'll add a photo :)

FACBF71B-540A-4CD8-9886-9EADA01B318B.jpg

Edited by easypops

Condition isn't important mate, does it look difficult to get off?

All these things look difficult to me mate lol but in all honesty I have no idea having never tried, hopefully someone will advise :)

Bit fiddly but not too difficult if you have a vice. Just give it a good smash with a mallet which should break the retaining circlips hold on the drive shaft.

Not sure mate but I'll confirm once I get home later, half asleep this morning lol , or if you are at a loose end today, they are lying in my wood shed which is open, you know where I stay :)

Ideally I want to see how they are built up to help when i make these new joints up.

If you are free a later on ill have a pop round.

Ok, hopefully ill get over tonight then..

The joints are straightforward, we could 'have it off' in a few seconds..

Sorry to jump in here . I'm refurbing the underside of the car ATM , I noticed mine is leaking . How much are these to replace ? I take it the company has the old one and you get a refurbed one . Or can I just replace the seals ? . Many thanks

Rob

So you need a vice to get them apart?

As this is what happened when I tried to get the hub nut off the passenger DS yesterday.

20140828_164259_zps8594d14a.jpg

To split the joints all i did was remove the cir clip (taking about the inner ones) and then hammer it off. It was in the hand vice so didn't need a lot of force.. The outer end (wheel end) didn't take a lot to split either.. This is on the one you sold me Gar..

Rob, i found a brand new genuine off side shaft that was missing the inner CV so have bought the missing one plus the 2 for the other side and am refurbing s spare to build up. The CV kits come with everything in (except the bolts). Im not going to lie not the cheapest but when new complete driveshafts were available they were £350 each.. VW sell them on exchange hence why i need one inner to take back to get my surcharge back..

Gar, i feel bad asking you to post one if i can get one locally. If i get stuck though ill give you a shout...

If you haven't got one sorted by Sunday I will get mine apart. Will wait till then though as it is such a greasy job, lol.

If you need to know anything else let me know, I'm just at the part collecting stage at the moment but by the end i will have 2 totally as new driveshafts..

Ah yes, good point, the grease is harder to remove from your hands than the CV from the driveshaft itself...