Hairyarse

Newbie from Stamford

Evening all!!

I thought I'd stop in and say hi. I'm Andy, from Stamford and have fallen for a Corrado! lol

I bought it a couple of weeks ago from a nice chap in Grantham - I bought it for my business for stock to clean up and sell on, but within seconds of driving it I fell in love with it! I've owned a few 944's and it had a similar kind of feel, whilst different.

It's a bit 'pimped-up' at the moment, with blacked-out windows and white wheels but I love driving this car and it looks like I'm going to hang on to this as my daily now and sell the MK2 Golf.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79700[/ATTACH]

I'm open to comments on the look of the car, I kind of hate to love it, or is it love to hate it? I don't know but just not sure on the white wheels - I think they'll at least turn silver, if not be changed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79701[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79702[/ATTACH]

The car is really solid, with a tidy interior for 120k miles. Everything works and aside from an eratic idle issue I sorted (faulty temp sender) it runs really well. I've not checked out thoroughly the suspension yet but think it's on Eibach lowering springs and after-market shocks and it rides great, stays very flat.

Exterior wise is the down-side, it's had replacement wings and bonnet which were poorly painted and a few other areas that need 'correction' but it's overall very sound.

Anyway, that's me, I'm looking forward to hanging around here and welcome your thoughts on the car ;)

Cheers

Andy

Oh no selling the mk2 mate..... I do like the corrado in white....

Yeah will be sorry to see it go but could do with a bit of cash to put in to the business. I do love the MK2 and think it looks great, but I love driving the Corrado more (The MK2 sounds better with the Trackslag exhaust on though!)

Here's the MK2;

2014-08-09163708_zpsdb14db37.jpg

Looks smart, don't see many white ones about these days.

Like the pre face-lift e30 in the background, I never knew they came in that grey until post face-lift!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Looks smart, don't see many white ones about these days.

Like the pre face-lift e30 in the background, I never knew they came in that grey until post face-lift!

Yes white does seem a rarity - seems to suit it well though.

The E30 is lovely - it's not grey though, you can't see so well in that pic but it's an olive green metallic;

2014-08-15112926_zpsf70786d0.jpg

One owner from new, 76k miles. It's an auto so slow-as but so solid and just wafts along! :cool:

What a great colour! I ran a 318 when I was an apprentice, great car but a little slow and pretty thirsty if I remember accurately! I'd love another!

What a great colour! I ran a 318 when I was an apprentice, great car but a little slow and pretty thirsty if I remember accurately! I'd love another!

Yeah it's a great colour, very 'retro!' It's for sale ;) :cool:

Like the Golf & the e30, the C would definitely benefit with the original front grille & standard rear lamps imo. White rados can look really good with the right mods, good luck with it :cool:

Thanks for the comments Harrier. I'm with you on the grill, just haven't had time to sort. A friend has a VR6 Rado with grill with a black VW badge (is that standard?) which I really like.

I'm not sure on the rear lights to be honest. I had eyed up a set of standard lights before I even picked the car up but keep looking at the clear ones thinking they're ok. I'm not usually a fan, but I'll live with them a little while longer and see how I feel! Same goes for the white wheels!

I used to be from Stamford until 11 months ago. Live in Peterborough now. Good to see another local white rado ;-)

I used to be from Stamford until 11 months ago. Live in Peterborough now. Good to see another local white rado ;-)

Nice one! I've not seen one about, but then I've probably not been looking out for one! lol

To be fair mines rarely on the road so you'll be lucky to see mine about lol. There's a few local rados, not as many as there used to be though....was approximately 8 at one point!

It's a rare car to see on the road, you do tend to get a lot of second looks I've noticed, esp. as mine has a debadged front grill (for now) I think a lot of people just don't know what it is! lol

Will have a look at the FB page ;)

I used to get loads of attention in Stamford...pretty much every time i filled up at the bp in town or the top of Casterton road someone would come to talk about the car. The local police used to stop and talk to me a lot as one of the officers used to have a g60 :-)

Stamford car show is worth going to, was only 1 nugget rado there this year :-) Peterborough car show this weekend on the embankment as well. Baston car show is also good. Stamfords great i miss living there!!!

I missed Stamford classics this year but been a few times, it's good. Couldn't make Baston either this year - not been before but some mates were saying it's huge? Will have to see if I can make this weekend or not? I know I can't do Saturday

This year was great....so many people on the meadows the atmosphere was amazing especially with the 2 Lancaster's fly past. Baston is pretty big considering it's a small village, we've had a club stand there for the past few years now. We've got 2 of our guys showing this weekend, green mk1 caddy and red mk2 golf. Players is our next big show.

There's a vw meet at the Botolph arms in Peterborough on the 1st Sunday of every month, always a great turn out in the summer. Mainly air cooled but the all dubz klub guys are a great bunch!!!!!

welcome. some very ice looking motors you have there....& a tidy unit to work in too

ive always liked rado's in white. I think that was one reason i regretted selling my valver right from the moment it drove off & then managed to buy it back several months ago

IMO i would revert the rear lights back to standard, remove side strips (as i think it gives much cleaner lines) & revert the grill back & get some better wheels on it.

in terms of functional upgrades i would highly recommend a headlight loom upgrade & one of daves16v short shifters

other than that just drive it & enjoy :D

Thanks for the kind words! I've no motor trade experience so thought I should take the angle of speaking from the heart so to speak! :)

We're on the same page with my car. Original rear lights are already purchased off a kind chap from this site, should arrive later this week. Upgraded loom is on it's way (original headlights are shocking, they make my MK2's pre-loom upgrade lights look like Xenons! lol) and I've been keeping my eye out for a grill. I like the original but with a black VW badge.

Wheels I've been looking out for too. Not sure what to go for yet. Was thinking Estorils - I really like them and they're dead easy to clean too! lol

Ref the side trims, I had thought the same. However, the car has had a poor respray in the past with all trim left on so I'm pretty sure if I remove the trims, then I'll have a different wide side stripe on the car so I think they'll have to stay for now! lol

Ref the short shift kit, that sounds interesting. Who is the clever man Dave you speak of? :-D

Thanks for the kind words! I've no motor trade experience so thought I should take the angle of speaking from the heart so to speak! :)

We're on the same page with my car. Original rear lights are already purchased off a kind chap from this site, should arrive later this week. Upgraded loom is on it's way (original headlights are shocking, they make my MK2's pre-loom upgrade lights look like Xenons! lol) and I've been keeping my eye out for a grill. I like the original but with a black VW badge.

Wheels I've been looking out for too. Not sure what to go for yet. Was thinking Estorils - I really like them and they're dead easy to clean too! lol

Ref the side trims, I had thought the same. However, the car has had a poor respray in the past with all trim left on so I'm pretty sure if I remove the trims, then I'll have a different wide side stripe on the car so I think they'll have to stay for now! lol

Ref the short shift kit, that sounds interesting. Who is the clever man Dave you speak of? :-D

The wording on the about us is great andy. if only i had the money to give you to find me an E reg E30 M3 ;) maybe one day lol

nice to hear your along the subtle but functional improvements line. my mom had estorils on her 2.0 16v & though they are nice they are not my cup of tea. for simplistic cleaning i really like the look of the compomotives clumpy1 has for sale at the moment http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=88042

i managed to get some BBS RX 2 piece splits for my valver & am just waiting for the 4th wheel to come back to me so i can polish the lip & rebuild it

there are pics & info on my VR & 16v in my build thread if you want to see http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=44751&highlight=g0ldf1ng3r

i know what you mean about 'marks' left from the side strips but if i remember correctly when i removed them from the white 16v some gentle heating & even more gentle pulling, then a decent T cutting & polishing made it all nice again

Ahh that clever man Dave i refer to is a very nice chap on here who makes beneficial upgrades & super shiny extras - his user ID is daves16v

if you look in the 'supplier section' of this site there are a few threads for stuff he makes, the short shifter is very tidy indeed & is on http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=61985&highlight=daves16v

i have quite a few things from him....short shifter, polished stainless BMC bracket & headlight screws & slam panel screws on the VR & will be getting another 2 shifter's (one for my 16v & one for the gf's storm)

again, there are pics on my build thread

PS im an 'andy' too, tho not from stamford lol

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i do have a late 3 slat grill with hole for VW badge which you could have. albeit the locating tabs are broken but im happy to send it you FOC if you want it & cover postage :) reason i have this is due to my 16v had it on it when i brought it back but ive managed to find a correct early 7 slat grill for it :cool:

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r