Rado87

Quick introduction!!

Hi everyone! Good to be part of a forum at last!! I've had my vr6 for over a year now and have just started to strip the engine! Timing chains just given up at 256k!! Would like to be part of a club, maybe with a few meets etc? Anyone recommend any? I'm based in wiltshire. Cheers, Tom.

Thanks, I know! Credit to the German engineering! Every nut and bolt has come off no trouble as well apart from the flywheel bolts!

Welcome, someone else from my neck of the woods,don't think there are any local vw clubs most have disbanded, unless you fancy joining the saxo crew in b&q carpark.

I might have to give you a shout at some point as my vr6 is off the road with engine troubles and I'm sure to get stumped at some point.

I think I'll give the saxo crew a miss ta!! Ha! Good to find someone local. Definately up for helping out where I can mate, I'm sure I'll be on hear plenty of times looking for advice too! What sort of things you got wrong with yours then?

The stem seals need doing as well as the hard gasket using a little to much oil at the moment, by any chance is your rado a blue k Reg from derry hill?

Yeah that's my folks, the mk1 is my mums she ain't to keen on letting me borrow it when she found out how much they are worth now. Just took my engine apart today and the engine is fubar so looking like a replacement or rebuild, keep us posted on how your getting on mine maybe some time.

Just a quick update. After removing the lower timing chain it became clear there was far too much play in the oil pump intermediate shaft!! After removing the shaft it turns out that the bearing around it had fallen away and worn away the block meaning a new block is required!! I can see plenty of 2.8 aaa variants but would prefer a 2.9 abv as that's what's in it. Can anyone confirm any differences please.?